News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Question for EAM CLC# 17806

Started by jeff elliott CLC #23590, July 25, 2007, 03:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff elliott CLC #23590

Hi,
I have got the roof rail rubbers for my 76 CDV from Steels, as recommended. before I take old ones out, a couple of questions, did you use adhesive when putting the new ones in? if so what type was it.

best regards, Jeff #23590

eam

Quote from: jeff elliott CLC #23590 on July 25, 2007, 03:32:38 PM
Hi,
I have got the roof rail rubbers for my 76 CDV from Steels, as recommended. before I take old ones out, a couple of questions, did you use adhesive when putting the new ones in? if so what type was it.

best regards, Jeff #23590
JEFF!  I happened to use an adhesive called "AMAZING GOOP" but any good rubber adhesive will do well.  Just go into Wal-Mart and look around for a good adhesive that holds rubber and it will work just well.  Take your time installing the roofrail and be sure you get the corners set in just right or the rest won't fit in properly. Mine fit into the groves perfectly because two of us took our time and made sure the corners were inserted correctly.  Good Luck Jeff!  EAM