News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

64 coupe deVille tire changing tools/base/bumper to jack adaptor storeage

Started by Turk, September 22, 2007, 10:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turk

Hi... I need help here.  My 64 coupe deVille stores the tire under the parcel shelf,  To the rt of the spare, mounted by the rt trunk hinge is a threaded rod with lg wing nut.  Cannot figure how the jack base, factory wood wedge block, bumper to jack adaptor, ans an odd black almost rt angle like "L" with hole in long side go together to stow these items.  Help anyone with a picture or /and typed detail on how this stores.  Both shop and owners manual are of no help, ans even though this is an original trunk, no decal showing correct storage.
Help will be appreciated, and FYI.. a 235-75-15 will not stow away under parcel shelf. One has to use a 225/75/15 on a std 15x6 rim.
Regards,  Turk

Chris McBride

Turk

Chris,  Thx for the quick reply.  The pics of your trunk look real clean and neat.  Unfortunately, my spare slides in under the parcel shelf in the trunk.  Don't know why same body would have variations of spare tire locations.  In my trunk, to the rt of my spare (a 225/75/15 on a std 15 x 6 rim fits perfectly) at the rt trunk hinge is a threaded rod with lg wingnut to store some of the tire changing equip but I have not a clue on how it is done.  I have the factory wood wedge, jack base, bumper piece to mount to jack, wing nut, and odd right angle black iron piece with a hole in the appox center of longer side.  Any help will be appreciated as well as pictures.  Perhaps a friend or other 64 owner could help.
Regards, Turk

Chris McBride

Dear Turk,

The first link is to a message string; messages 7 and 9 partially address your questions.  At least one of the posters, David T 63 Coupe de Ville, is still active and has always graciously posted responses to inquiries at the 63-64 forum. 

http://groups.msn.com/196364CadillacCommunity/

His post is the one with the picture of the spare mounted on the package shelf.  He would probably provide additional details.

"Jack" in that string wrote:

On my car the spare tire fits under the package shelf, not on the trunk floor. Now there is a black wood wedge that also comes with the original tire changing equipment. You are supposed to put the wedge under a wheel to prevent the car from rolling. This piece is usually stored in the center of the spare wheel but I have used it with the heavy pressed steel bracket that is used to hold the spare in position. There is a long large screw on a hinge mounted on the edge of the shelf. It has a large wing nut for tightening the bracket against the spare tire.

QuoteThe pics of your trunk look real clean and neat.

Thank you but the pictures, regretfully, are not of my trunk.  I just preserved them for the time when I actually finish my car and trunk.  My truck currently looks like a storage depot for a third world machinist with an obsessive compulsive disorder. 

HTH and good luck

Chris