News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

´47 series 62 steering column disassembly

Started by Prosten, April 12, 2013, 03:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prosten

Hi!

I´ve got an 1947 series 62 that I am preparing to get out on the roads again after a long time sleep in the U.S. My problem now is that I´m trying to get the steering column out of the car, but I can´t pull off the arm from the steering gear so I´m kinda stuck right now.. Is there a special tool for this or is it just an ordinary puller (?), like the one you use on steering ends? Because I have tried one of those, but I´m afraid to damage something if I tightens it as much as it seems to be required. If there is anyone that have some advise how to do this I would be very greatful!

I hope you understand what I´m try to explain, I apologize for my bad English!

Best regards
Jonas Lindgren / Sweden

A. Amman #15293

Jonas,

A standard 2 jaw puller should do the job if you can fit it into place.  I would use penetrating oil on the arm and shaft area first.  Let it set overnight and then apply some pressure with the puller and tap the arm gently but firmly with a small hammer.  It should pop loose rather easily at this point.  Hope this helps.

Anthony #15293