News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1948 Cadillac Heater Routing

Started by rex crews #18304, December 28, 2006, 11:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rex crews #18304

Dear Group,

I am trying to connect my heater fittings and hoses to my 1948 Cadillac with Automatic Heating System and underseat heater.  To my surprise, this is not covered in the shop manual.  Can anyone tell me the correct sequence to hook up the heater hoses.  My system had been disconnected and by-passed many years ago, so I am unsure how to proceed.  Please email me directly, if you can help.

Thanks,

Rex Crews  Durham, NC

John Polychron

Rex - I am mailing you copies of a Servicemans bulletin
relating to the 47 Auto Heating system giving the hose
connections. The info may be the same for your 48.
John   Winston-Salem

vicbrincat

Rex,

did you ever get an answer on this question?
I am looking for the same information for my '48.

Vic Brincat

Dear Group,

I am trying to connect my heater fittings and hoses to my 1948 Cadillac with Automatic Heating System and underseat heater.  To my surprise, this is not covered in the shop manual.  Can anyone tell me the correct sequence to hook up the heater hoses.  My system had been disconnected and by-passed many years ago, so I am unsure how to proceed.  Please email me directly, if you can help.

Thanks,

Rex Crews  Durham, NC
[/quote]

harry s

The hose goes from the drivers side head to the inside automatic heater control valve, from the outside control valve to the underseat heater and then to one of the connections on the heater on the passenger side of the firewall and then from the other heater connection to the water pump.
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

35-709

"Rex,

did you ever get an answer on this question?
I am looking for the same information for my '48.

Vic Brincat"

Vic,
Why don't you click on "Email" under John Polychron's name to email him directly and ask him to send you the '47 Serviceman's Bulletin with the information you need as he did for Rex?
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Warren Rauch

I looked this up in the Service Man . There was an all new heater in 1948.  The article is 3 pages long on the heater and near the end says that the under seat part is serviced the same as 42-47.  Exact routing of the hoses is not covered. If you haven't got it working yet I'll send you a copy. Warren