News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

wanted: 1948 speedometer

Started by JD48-6269, June 25, 2008, 01:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD48-6269

Finally got the car running nice when the speedometer cable started to bind. It made the speedometer needle jump so hard that the needle broke off. All of my other gauges work fine. But I would really like to find just the speedometer needle and the mechanism. Yeah I know good luck  :'(
Jeffrey

35-709

Since you will be removing your speedometer anyway, why not just get yours fixed?  There are a few instrument repair outfits out there that will repair and rebuild your speedo to like new or take it to whatever level of repair you want.  I just sent all of my '35 Caddy instruments to ---- Instrument Services, Inc. in Roscoe, Illinois ---- http://clocksandgauges.com/index.html

You can find others in Hemmings Motor News or by Googling something like "Antique Auto Instrument Repair".  Shouldn't be any problem getting yours repaired.
:)
I just love those '48 speedos.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

john whittet

i have a complete 48 speedo  get hold of me at hotfireharley@aol.com john whittet

Herman Desser

I have a complete 48 cluster, as I remember it, left over from a 6267x restoration.  It came our of my 48 6269 sedan and is in fairly good shape but I will have to find it and look at it.  If you are interested
let me know and I will look further.  I will be in Canada for the next few days from wednesday til sunday.  the speedo is located in Souther Calif.

Herman

Randy_Lahey

Any chance you guys might still have an extra speedometer laying around?  I broke the shaft while trying to get the needle off to restore it.

Thanks,

David