News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Yellow 78 Eldorado Biarritz with Electric T-Tops

Started by Michael Cooke, January 25, 2011, 02:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Cooke

Does anyone know who owns this Yellow 78 Eldorado Biarritz with Electric T-Tops?

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/10/period-awesome-1978-cadillac-eldorado-with-power-t-tops-on-ebay/2

Thank you in advance.

Michael Cooke

Series75

I believe it was registered and attended the recent "Fabulous Fleetwood" show of the Potomac Region in Maryland Oct 2010.  Contact Vince T to check. - TP

TonyZappone #2624

This was suppose to be a production item.  We didn't sell Cadillac then, but we had Oldsmobile.  This same option was suppose to be available on a Toronado, which I drove quite often then.  I ordered one for myself, it kept getting stalled, and it never got preferenced.  We heard they could just never get it foolproof.
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Jeff Wilk

Wow.......my dad was on the list for the Toronado as well.  It was the XSR model and it was never put into production nor delivered to any customers.  Major problems with t-top alignment and constant leaks.  It also reduced the headroom by nearly 5 inches!!!  That Eldorado is gogeous though and very rare.  I know that there are two of the Tornonado's out there as well.  BTW, they ultimately abandonded the auto t-tops and delivered the Toronados as the XS models.

Jeff
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

TonyZappone #2624

Now I remember.  The XS model had that big wraparound rear window and some other things that I can't remember.
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Vince Taliano #13852

Hi Tom,

You are correct that this car was at our Fabulous Fleetwoods show.  It is owned by a Potomac Region member.  Hope to do a story on it for a future issue of our newsletter.

Talk with you later,

Vince
Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 4,000 pictures!)

Terry Cox #26379

:o  wow , A good find for the sore eye's of wintertime !   I remember seeing one of these ONE time in my life. When I was 18 years young a neighbor of mine was a new car salesman at the "elite" Cadillac dealer.."Brown Bros. Cadillac"  here in Louisville, Ky.  He was a top salesman for them and a long time employee, one spring evening in warm weather He pulls into his driveway and yells for me to come over , knowing I was a carnut. (I had probably washed every car in the neighborhood in my early teen years..but it never hurt my self esteem..) :D) He had just came home with one of these rare Eldorado's with the T-Tops . I almost "salivated" to the point of dehydration. (i think i was salivating ?) . That Eldorado was a Beautiful color of which I will describe as "burnt copper metallic". It seems to me that it did have a 1/4 vinyl top as well.  The interior was some matching lighter shade , but cannot say for sure. I never saw him drive it again. The dealership is located in downtown Louisville in an OLD building which has a display of classic cars in the upper floor. They have a elevator to which the car can be lifted up to another floor simply be driving onto the elevator pad and securing the wire fence cage around it. Makes me wonder if it is up there. ??? Anyway, great post and was really glad to see such an icon of motordom. Terry Cox. clc # 26379 "lonehands"