News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

XTS likely discontinued after 2019

Started by Big Apple Caddy, April 06, 2015, 01:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Apple Caddy

Some considered it just a placeholder or stop gap anyway, but it looks like Cadillac will be discontinuing the XTS at the end of its run in 2019.   This would give Cadillac only RWD sedans for the first time since 1979.

Smedly

Just curious what the indicators are for this? I work for a company which supplies GM the front and rear facias for the xts. A little insight to our future would be great.
When a Doctor "saves a Life" it does not necessarily mean that that life will ever be the same as it was, but he still saved it. My 46 may not be as it was but it is still alive.
Sheldon Hay

Big Apple Caddy

A few different sources reported it yesterday.  Google/search "Cadillac XTS 2019" and links should show up for you.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Probably going to use the Holden Statesman underpinnings since Holden is closing down production in a couple of years in Australia.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon