News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

You guys keep your old parts?

Started by chrisntam, September 05, 2016, 07:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisntam

In the past year, I've done brake work, suspension work and other miscellaneous work on my '70 convertible.

I've kept the old wheel cylinders, calipers, booster, master cylinder, rear (auto level control) coil springs, original (and rusty) rear shocks.

Not sure why I'm keeping all this stuff, but I will certainly keep the rear coils springs.

You guys keep your old parts?

Better, I suppose, to retain the GM originals, but discard prior installed after market parts?

What do you all do?
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

55 cadi

I keep all old parts, even ones that were not original, for reference on what was previously on there.

I am going to sell a couple things I have because they were for a different year than mine but on the car like fuel pump, but most all others I save
1955 Cadillac sedan series 62
1966 mustang convertible w/pony PAC, now in Sweden
2005 Cadillac deville

TJ Hopland

Brake parts won't be worth much if you don't disassemble and remove all traces of brake fluid.   
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

76eldo

I hang onto stuff that can be used again but old brakes, shocks, I'd toss.
Calipers and wheel cylinders I'd keep. They can be rebuilt.

Unless you want to be able to reference the old parts for dimensions etc they are of no use.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)