News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Needed stainless steel beaded rigid window channel track 1956 Cadillac

Started by carguyblack, December 10, 2018, 07:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carguyblack

Wondering if anyone knows of a place who would sell a continuous 30 inch section of stainless steel beaded window track (rigid)  to re-do my vent frame on our 1956 Cadillac? I've only seen 15 inch sections offered in the places I can find.
The dimension I need is 1/2 inch wide on the bottom and 3/8 inch tall from the bottom edge to the top of the stainless rollover bead. I only need one section as the other vent frame has already been done.
Thanks for the help,
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

fishnjim

I'm not following this, is part missing or damaged?   
The vent frame usually takes a thin flat rubber gasket the goes over the glass as it slips into the frame?  Steele or any of those guys sell it in rolls.  The outer one is molded and screws or slips in. 
Usually the "U" window channel with a bead has the fuzzy stuff inside and goes inside the door not vent frame?   
About the only place other than someone here, I know that may know would be Restoration Specialties.   Give 'em a call.   They're more knowledgeable about what's available in window channel.
But what you describe doesn't compute.  Post a picture rather than describe.   Otherwise, it's a used part search.   When I did my "P" vent windows, I had to disassemble and have the frame parts rechromed.   The '58 I did the vent windows as described.   

carguyblack

I'm trying to describe the "U" window channel guide, the channel that the side glass slides up and down through. Yes, the fuzzy lined piece that inserts into that guide.
I'll give Restoration Specialties a call. Thank you!
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE