News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1970 Cadillac flat tire

Started by Scot Minesinger, October 20, 2019, 09:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadillacmike68

Quote from: gkhashem on October 24, 2019, 07:49:58 PM
Nice taking credit for something manufactured by someone else.

They cut a whitewall into someone else's tires, they have nothing to do with the tread.  This brings to mind who do you sue if the tire fails?

The manufacturer or Diamondback. Does DB get permission to alter tires from the manufacturer?

Firestone!  :P
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

cadillacmike68

Quote from: Big Fins on October 24, 2019, 06:27:29 AM
Mike, you can call BS all you want too. Your car tire is only carrying maybe 1000 pounds on it at best. I was referring to a big rig tire that carries 6000+ pounds on it, generates a lot of heat and a lot of flex.

I would personally plug the tire like Scott did. He's not driving his car at 70 mph for hours on end.

What I call BS on is saying the proper way is a plug and a patch. How are you going to get a patch to seal over the internal side of the plug unless you grind off the plug end? I never saw that in my 47 years of driving. Doing that makes no sense, just patch the inside and call it a day. The plug is not going to bond the puncture hole back together.

And the reason you pick up so much road debris around here is there is no law enforcement on our roads. Construction idiots are allowed to leave a box or bucket of nails or screws on the tailgates of their pick up trucks and drive on the constantly under construction roads and it falls out of the back, goes all over the place and those nails and screws are picked up by people for months to come. 

I've seen it done, on my tires, admittedly in the past, but yes plug, grind flush and patch.

Are you here in FL??

And Scot does get his cars up to 70+ for longer drives as he has noted. Me too. on certain roads, 70 will get you rear ended around here.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike