News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Want to buy a 1940 or 39 LaSalle

Started by z3skybolt, July 28, 2020, 10:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z3skybolt

Thanks Abe,

I contacted the seller.  He was indifferent. When I asked for additional pictures to be sent to my email he stated.."I don't want to waste my time".  "I am in no hurry to sell".

Given his attitude I doubted that we would ever come to a mutually agreeable deal. So I ended all contact.  Others may have a better experience.

Still looking.

Bob
1940 LaSalle 5227 Coupe(purchased May 2016)
1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series. Bought New.

z3skybolt

I have sold the LaSalle and am still in the market for a replacement. Must be a nice 39/40 LaSalle.  39/41 Cadillac. No convertibles will be considered.

Thanks,

Bob R.

chrisntam

There's a '40 LaSalle 4 door on the CLC facebook page for sale, $29.5k obo.  Not sure how to link you to it, but the seller's name is Nick Manole.  Car is in Albuquerque.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

z3skybolt

Thanks Chris,

I saw the add and looked into it. The cosmetics are below average, the mechanics questionable and way overpriced for a sedan.  Price needs to come down many  thousands. 

Thank you and keep them coming. CLC members have sent me several ADDS which I had not found on my own. Indeed I find the internet search far more difficult than when I looked for my 5257 five years ago.

Take care,
Bob

z3skybolt

Thanks to all. I am traveling to Michigan tomorrow to pick up my NEW 1940 LaSalle.  I has been an interesting hunt to replace my wrecked 1940 LaSalle 5227.

Appreciate all of you who helped.

Bob R.