News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

$10 ea rivets

Started by fishnjim, November 05, 2022, 01:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishnjim

I must be going mad in my old age.   I'm repairing the heater and I have a spare cowl cover to change out, the source of the air for the blower, as the original is rotted a tad.  I did not have it at the time I had the engine out when I fixed the other side.  They used fiberglass matting in there to trap particulate, but it also held moisture as it's open to the atmosphere on top.  Once the drain tubes plug, it's sloshing rust city.   That's also the part the trim plate attaches to.  The holes come prepunched so it takes a special size rivet.   But by the time you buy two and ship them, it's over $10 ea.  I don't see how Amazon, et al, the e-economy is going to survive much longer with shipping costs spiraling out of control.  Diesel which moves freight has not come down, it's gone up at the expense of gas prices.  But the politicians fixed that last DC encirclement and pushed the cost on the freight hauler companies, no longer the drivers whom can complain en masse.   I bought 1/2 ounce of something for $8 and it costs $12 to postage it, now.   Can't find any on the shelves every time I go shopping.   And they wonder why it costs so much to restore vehicles???  $50 nut and $20 bucks worth of rivets to do a simple job.   
Isn't it ironic, with the move to EVs, that auto dealer combustion powered inventories are just now starting to catch up in time for the FED induced recession?