News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Yann & Gita Saunders are safe and sound

Started by Bruce Reynolds # 18992, March 29, 2005, 07:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Well,

For those of you that care, I felt it my duty to inform you that Yann and Gita Saunders have safely arrived in Tasmania.

And, for those that dont really care, stiff.

They, and their three bags, (gee, they travel light), were carried from the airport via Cadillac, and tomorrow will start really seeing the countryside.  

More countryside than Cadillacs in Tasmania.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Mike #19861

Glad to hear they arrived safe and sound!

Lucky also that they get to see beautiful Tasmania first hand! Maybe one day I will be able to make the trip to the southern hemisphere also for a visit.

Mike

Doug Houston

Greg Short

Gday Bruce,

And what a pleasure it was to have Yann and Gita here in Victoria over Easter as they accompanied us on a tour to check out some local club members garages on Saturday.  Great fun!

Cheers,

Greg and Julie.
64 DV Conv.
64 S75 Sedan.

Jeff Maltby 4194

Make sure you show him the 33 V16 pics and you all have fun in the Devils playground.

:<)

David #19063

Hello Bruce,

Glad they are safe and sound.  Make sure you introducve them to Vegemite!

David
PS.  What is a Thylacine?  I heard they were native to Tasmania.

JIM CLC # 15000

03-30-05
Bruce, thanks for your report that Yann and Gita got there OK.
If Yann starts to talk about visiting the "Opal" outbacks, try to talk him out of visiting, for he may mistake the red soil of the outback for SC and just find a cave and stay.
We need him here, too much.
You might consider saleing out and moving to SC, or, any other state, they are ALL good places to live.
Good Luck, enjoy, Jim

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

For those who still care, Bronwyn and I have just carefully placed Yann and Gita at the Hobart Airport, where they will shortly be carted away from Gods Country in a Blue Virgin.  

In two hours time will be landing in Sydney, New South Wales (on the big island up north), or (Upper Down Under) or (The Australian Mainland).

One thing I forgot to do was put them on the "Memory Eraser" machine which is stationed at the airport, so they will probably have some horrible stories to relate.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

JIM CLC # 15000

04-02-05
Bruce, You keep saying that "TAS" is GOD"S country.
They have nothing on AZ.
The states motto is: "GOD"S WAITING ROOM"!
Good Luck, Jim

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Jim,

If Arizona is "Gods Waiting Room", then, Tasmania must be Gods Playground.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV.

Yann Saunders, CLC No. 12588

From London (on the last but one lap of our "world tour"):

Guys and dolls like Bruce and Bronwyn made our Australasia trip memorable beyond all expectations.  EVERYBODY gets top marks!

After we have gone through 8 weeks of mail, when we get home, we shall relate our adventures in both the Self-Starter and La Cad.

What a great club ...despite a few "moaners" (its impossible to please everyone)

Yann Saunders, CLC#12588

Landed in Atlanta today at 4 p.m.  Back home in Columbia tomorrow and back to Database work on Monday.

What a fabulous vacation it was !

David #19063

Hello Yann,

Welcome back.

Glad you had a great trip!

David

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Ill bet that all the other members of the CLC also welcome you both back home as well.

But, I cant imagine that it will take you till Monday to access the Data Base.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV.

P.S.   Glad to see you survived the rigors of Customs Departments and Travel Agents.

Bill Podany

Yann,

We have never met, but I follow your expertise very carefully on this forum and in the arena of CLC and CCCA.  Thank you so much for your devoted effort on the Data Base and the other work you do unselfishly to our membership.

Bill Podany
Green Bay, WI