News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

WWW.BICENTENNIALELDORADO.COM

Started by Lewis Schwartz #21703, September 26, 2005, 12:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lewis Schwartz #21703

New pictures on the Gallery Page.
Check out the Assembly Line and Video Page. Moving Video of 1976 Cadillac Eldorados being built.
Still looking for the remaining Bicentennials, if there is  only 10percent of the 200 remaining then these are truly VERY RARE!
Help with the hunt, going to Hershey, tell people about the site. Let your club members know about the site even if it is not a Cadillac Club, they may know of one.
Please keep an eye on the site and I will keep everyone updated as we progress, new stuff still to be added.

Thanks
Lewis@bicentennialeldorado.com
LHS36@AOL.COM

Dave Smith #17592

Hi Lewis & All,

I recall seeing a 76 Bicentenial on Ebay many years ago that was destroyed in a fire.    The seller said it was in storage when the fire happened.  The car was a total loss, but he did have the build tag to prove it was a Bicentennial.   He suggested some one part out a good regular 76 to save this one.  An ambitious task!   I wish I had recorded the body number/VIN then, but nobody was tracking them at that point.

It does seem unlikely that anyone would scrap one of those cars.   Id bet that most are in deep storage by investors who are waiting to cash in.    I am always amazed to discover how many collector cars are squirreled away and dont surface until the owner dies.

Heres a thought.  How about contacting someone at Hemmings Motor News to get a short feature published?   I cant think of any other publication that reaches more car people.   It might flush out the where abouts of a few more.

David

Lewis 21703

Hi David,
You are correct about the death of a collector, may times (most) the heir does not share the same passion, just wants the cash. Sorry to hear of a burned one, OUCH!
Hemmings is not a bad idea. Thanks for the reply.

Lewis Schwartz

Matt CLC #18621

Also may want to consider OldCars Weekly News & MarketPlace Hobby News

mathiowetzk@krause.com email from September 29th issue.

Matt

Quote from: Dave Smith  #17592Heres a thought.  How about contacting someone at Hemmings Motor News to get a short feature published?   I cant think of any other publication that reaches more car people.   It might flush out the where abouts of a few more.

David

Dick Heller

Trobys Memory Lane 67 Leuning St. S. Hackensack, NJ 07606 201-457-7900 ask for
Tony this company has sold some very interesting classic Cars over the years ...