News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

71 Eldorado hardtop- Hemmings private seller $45K

Started by JBL1967, April 26, 2024, 10:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBL1967

New Hemmings private listing.
Good initial pictures and description, in my opinion  ;)
https://www.hemmings.com/listing/1971-cadillac-eldorado-551989

J. Skelly

I was expecting a convertible for the asking price.  It might find a serious buyer at half the asking price.
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

JBL1967

Really glad to have joined the CLC again.
Feedback from experienced members is helpful in understanding the true values.
Hoping to buy my first Cadillac by the end of the year.
Many thanks.

billyoung

Welcome. This is a beautiful well preserved Cadillac, that said even in these insane times I would be surprised if this car actually changes hands higher than the teens.
Age 69, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.

James Landi

Mr. Loving,
I agree with Bill... assuming everything works ( especially vulnerable: climate control, level ride), if one's plan is to use the car and put some serious mileage on it, those two items will likely not make it past 50K miles. Not trying to come off as cynical, but cars of that era did  not have  especially durable luxury options. It does appear to have good leather and a rust free undercarriage, and those  are  real pluses. As you shop, keep asking for advice. Some of these old cars not only break the bank, but more importantly, break your heart.   James