News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1949 Part # look up

Started by Rossoroo, March 12, 2024, 06:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossoroo

Is there a manual available to look up GM parts by their number?
I've got what looks to be an interior trim part with my 49 when I bought it 11 years ago.
It was in a box of spare parts but I've yet to figure out where it belongs.
It has 4552258 embossed in it. I've scanned through the Master Parts List but couldn't find a listing for that number
49-6269 My First Caddy

Jay Friedman

Ross, post a photo of your part. Maybe I'll recognize it. Jay

1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Rossoroo

Hi Jay, I'm suspecting this is interior trim. I just can't seem to see where it's contours would fit.
49-6269 My First Caddy

49 Caddy

Looks to me like a pc. of dash chrome that got bent up.

Jay Friedman

1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

toybox

Could it be the retainer for a door seal around the hinges/ Just a guess, Tim

Rossoroo

Thanks Tim, That was an awesome guess. I found another like this on the front of the left rear door [photos, hard to get a decent angle] It's the same colour as the car. There isn't one on the right read door and neither of the front doors have anything like this. I guess it's black because it's from a donor car. Any chance of a photo or diagram of it on a proper install?
It appears the people who previously worked on this car got into every nook and cranny and screwed up.
49-6269 My First Caddy

toybox

Ross, the guess was just that . My 46 coup doesn't have them. I must have seen a similar one on my brother-in-law's 52 hardtop when I was helping him. Sorry, Tim

Rossoroo

No problem Tim,
Hopefully there will be some 49s at Gettysburg I can inspect.
I should make a list of the missing in action parts I have.
49-6269 My First Caddy