News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Reliable mechanic Los Angeles area?

Started by abatti83, March 12, 2021, 06:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abatti83

Does anyone know of any reliable mechanics in the Los Angeles area?
I am new to the club and new to owning a 1959 Cadillac.

Any help will be much appreciated thank you :-)

Abe Lugo

Los Angeles area is very large. Welcome to the CLC.  Im between Culver City and Downtown (mid city)  Try West Adams radiator they are a great general Mechanic shop. We use them for our daily cars when there is stuff I dont do.  Im sure they can take a look at a '59.  Specialized shops in LA would be way too stuffy. Unless you exactly what you need done, someplace like this would be fine.
But I would recommend general maintenance done by a regular guy in LA.  And get second opinions.
     If you need custom type work.  The Odd squad CC has a few guys that  do small jobs and are really into vintage cars.  They meet up on Wednesdays at the Coffee Bean off of Venice near Overland.
Abe Lugo  CLC#31763  Sunny Los Angeles,CA @abelugo IG

KOKNEYELDO

I am in Thousand Oaks and my mechanic Cesar lives in the SF Valley and works on a lot of old Caddies, including my 75 Eldo. He is a great guy as well. Email me and I will send his contact info.
Present cars:

1975 Cadillac Eldorado convertible
1957 Ford Thunderbird
2007 Jeep Commander Overland
2018 Audi A3

Come On You Blues!

Steve W

Steve Waddington
1968 Coupe deVille
North Hollywood, CA
CLC Member # 32866

Jaks79Britz

I'm looking for a reliable mechanic for my 79 Eldorado Biarritz too in LA area.  I'm in Cerritos, so would be great to find a shop in this area our North Orange County.

79 Eldorado Biarritz
79 Coupe Deville

Jpsheff

KOKNEYELDO, could I please have Cesar's contact info? I have a 1967 DeVille convertible, and my mechanic of 22 years just retired. Unfortunately not a month after he retired, my car can't get out of 1st gear!

Nomcalister

KOKNEYELDO I would love your mechanics info as well. I recently bought a 65 deville hardtop and live in Simi Valley and have been looking for a clean reliable mechanic near by
Nathan McAlister

KOKNEYELDO

send me an email (king.marine@verizon.net)
Present cars:

1975 Cadillac Eldorado convertible
1957 Ford Thunderbird
2007 Jeep Commander Overland
2018 Audi A3

Come On You Blues!

dbzsjones

If you're down by the port.

Paul's Auto Repair
1512 CA-1, Harbor City, CA 90710

It's a 2nd generation shop.  They don't specialize in old cars, but he had a 60s era Thunderbird in the shop last time I was there and he'd been maintaining it for years for the owner.  So I know they work on old cars.  The owner is present every day, the shop is clean and the work is professional.