News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1961 Cadillac heater hose routing

Started by Cadman-iac, January 18, 2024, 06:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadman-iac

I am looking for the diagram for how Cadillac ran the heater hoses. Can anyone provide a picture of this, and possibly some of your water pump as well, showing where the heater hoses are connected to it?
 I thank you very much for your time and effort,
 Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Clewisiii

It is cold. I do not want to go outside. The heater hoses come out of the back of the water pump. The driver side exits at an angle, the passenger is straight back. They pass under the intake manifold above the valley pan. There are clamps under the intake manifold bolts on each side that hold the hoses in position.

The hoses exit out the back of the engine and bend 90 degrees to passenger side. They then bend 90 degrees back to the heater cores. When running new lines it is better to start at the heater core and run to the water pump. You may need to trim the hoses at the water pump. The new replacement hoses are more of a universal length.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Clewisiii

Ok I went outside.

Driver side water pump at angle.

IMG_20240118_182631507.jpg

Passenger side straight back. I need to reinstall these after I put on the body and heater core. So the clamp currently is not in the right position.

IMG_20240118_182645935.jpg

There is one clamp each side under this intake bolt and washer.

IMG_20240118_182711045.jpg

Hoses exit back of engine.

IMG_20240118_182719576.jpg

Then bend up to heater core. I am not there yet.

IMG_20240118_182727110.jpg

"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Cadman-iac

Thank you very much for taking the time to get the pictures and posting them for me.
That's fantastic!

Would you happen to know if your pump is correct for that year? Was it a low-mileage car perhaps?

From your description in your first post, it sounds like it is correct. The hoses connect just like you describe.
I only ask because I want to make this reference work as accurate as possible.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help.

Rick

P.S. Excellent looking chassis and powertrain.
CLC# 32373

Clewisiii

23,000 mile car when i got it. Parked since 76. I had the water pump rebuilt by Arthur Gould.

IMG_20200206_213411862.jpg

Cadman-iac

Yes!!! That's perfect. Thank you so much for your help. Those pictures of the pump are very helpful in identifying what I have, but more importantly, to make the reference material as accurate as it can be.
Would you mind if I use your pump pictures  in the reference thread?

Rick
CLC# 32373

Clewisiii

No problem. That is what I took the pictures for.

Clewisiii

Rusty pre rebuild picture. Almost looks color coded.  The water pump bolts are different lengths and cannot be properly installed and torqued without installing the other brackets.

I bagged each bolt individually and made a map on each bag showing where it was used.

IMG_20200122_200440407.jpg

IMG_20200718_202116285.jpg

Cadman-iac

Quote from: Clewisiii on January 18, 2024, 07:18:24 PMRusty pre rebuild picture. Almost looks color coded.  The water pump bolts are different lengths and cannot be properly installed and torqued without installing the other brackets.

I bagged each bolt individually and made a map on each bag showing where it was used.

IMG_20200122_200440407.jpg

IMG_20200718_202116285.jpg

I can see why you would be so meticulous. Trying to remember all that after years of working on the parts restoration is not something I can do anymore. I should have been more careful about keeping records for this very reason.
 I'm now relying on my  feeble memory, lol!!

Rick
CLC# 32373

Cadman-iac

I see that power steering bracket too. Now I understand how the pump mounts to it.
 Thanks,

Rick
CLC# 32373