News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1963 Eldorado Project $6,800 Not Mine

Started by Bryan J Moran, March 01, 2024, 09:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan J Moran

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/915324606698850/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A5bb75895-e616-421a-a688-92ce9b7818f6

**  Don't Kill The Messenger  **

From Facebook ad --

Alright here is a true find you won't see come up very often but here if is a a 1963 Cadillac eldorado in the rarest combination with the color, bucket seats and autotronic light dimmer switch.

This car is a special year between the year that Cadillac went bankrupt in 62 and 64 when gm took over the rights, meaning that 63 was the only year that a caddy feature a 390 v8 made by ford! 120,800 somethjng cars were made that year and only 1825 of them were eldorado period!

They had 16 options for paint colors from what I understand and this was the least chosen and tho it's not exactly the coolest car in the world it's just cool in its shade of aqua-marina blue. Besides the top this car is 100% complete and I bought it from a 93 year old woman who has had it forever and it's sat since 94 inside a shop just waiting..

the motor is currently not free but may need a complete go through or if i decided to carry it out myself I was considering as coyote swap open to offers and trades
CLC 35000 in number only

Bryan J Moran

I did follow up on a 1964 Eldorado project car for $3500, also in Missouri, that I had posted maybe 4-5 months ago and remained unsold for it's entire Facebook ad time.  I save a lot of cars, to monitor market activity, not that my monitoring is indicative of the market.   

I reached back out to the seller and he said he traded the Eldorado for some kind of 30's hot rod thing. 

Traded, could not find a buyer at what I suppose was a "fair" market price for a rare, interesting iconic Cadillac convertible. 

Obviously, this ad is a mess.  Trying to deal with this seller will be almost impossible. But it is, if original, a very cool color in my opinion.  I for one, like Cadillacs in Aqua, Lime Green and so on.
CLC 35000 in number only

The Tassie Devil(le)

Boy, this car is a real rare one, going by the sellers' description.

This car is a special year between the year that Cadillac went bankrupt in 62 and 64 when gm took over the rights, meaning that 63 was the only year that a caddy feature a 390 v8 made by ford!

This engine description is about the farthest out there that I have heard.   And some people might just think it is true.

Bruce. >:D 
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

J. Skelly

I guess the seller doesn't know what bucket seats are.  The car is a true "one-of-one" with the Ford engine. :(
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

billyoung

That was more entertaining even than reading all the typical Coupe deville convertible ads, I guess if someone is going to make shit up they might as well really get out there.
Age 69, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.

J. Skelly

I messaged the seller on Facebook, asked where he got his 'facts' and stated that Cadillac didn't use a Ford engine and never went bankrupt.  I also mentioned that if the car had bucket seats, they must be somewhere nearby since they weren't in the car.  He replied back that I needed to do some research instead of talking "smack" ...   
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

James Landi

"I messaged the seller on Facebook, asked where he got his 'facts' and stated that Cadillac didn't use a Ford engine and never went bankrupt.  I also mentioned that if the car had bucket seats, they must be somewhere nearby since they weren't in the car.  He replied back that I needed to do some research instead of talking "smack" ... " 

Jim, Want you to know that I, for one, appreciate your effort to engage constructively with the seller.  He's apparently one of those people who are well beyond reason, and who create narratives that are a string of falsehoods. He'll likely never find a buyer for that car. James

Bryan J Moran

Jim and James:

Sometimes we need a little levity. I have in the past reached out to these sorts of sellers.  I want to say that it does no good.  But in a few instances, they are thankful for my provision of information and have actually adjusted ad content. 

This fellow however, has been under the influence of something, and I could detect quickly it would do no good to correct him.  Alas, it is the world we live in. 

This is a sad commentary about the nature of the world we live in. This guy has no idea what "coyote" probably means, nor do I.  It is sad that true relics like this 1963 Eldorado - if we are to believe this idiot - sat inside an urban garage for decades only to be purchased for $500 by this dumba** and offered for $6800 or whatever. 

I would like to follow it and make a fair offer, but it will never work out.  Nobody though is restoring these cars.  Show me someone who is.  Instead this fellow will offer it for some home boy that saunters by with a stash of something to trade and it may end up being sprayed with graffiti in an abandoned lot. 
CLC 35000 in number only