News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

QUESTION ABOUT CADILLAC FAN AND SPACER

Started by RBurgeno#22418, November 25, 2008, 11:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RBurgeno#22418

Hi everyone,
     I have a fan and spacer from a 59-62 390 Cadi and the 2 piece's are attatched and seem to be pressed together. The problem is the spacer has some wide cracks in a few places and it makes me a little nervous to just bolt up. I have another spacer that is in much better condition that I'd like to use, so how do I swap the 2 spacers? The fan is in mint condition so I know I want to use it.
Thank you for your time,
RBurgeno#22418

Otto Skorzeny

I think your spacer is just stuck hard from age or corrosion. They normally just pop right apart when removed.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

76eldo

I think that's correct.

I recently did a waterpump on a 1960, and the spacer did not pop off when I unbolted the fan.  I am sure if a tapped it a bit, it would have unseated itself, and dropped right off.  Since I had no reason to separate the two parts, I didn't do it.

There is from what I remember, a little nub that goes into the center hole in the fan, but it should just tap right out.

Brian

Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

RBurgeno#22418

Thanks Guys, You were both right, just took a little elbo grease !
RBurgeno#22418

Dave Shepherd

Agreed corrosion or metal transfer has " semi welded" them together.