News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Memory Seats Module 87 Brougham D Elegance

Started by rosevilleboys, September 25, 2023, 06:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosevilleboys

Good day!
Purchased 2 months ago, Triple Black, 87 Brougham D Elegance here in MN.  21,000 miles! Factory memory seats, and front seat is stuck.  Power windows, power lock, all work. Fuses checked. Found a mechanic to look at and he said their is a module under the drivers front seat.  He found the part number GM20595050.
Quote: "Module has power and ground.  Can move the seat by activing the switch. Control module has an internal failure."

Where can I find a new Module??? OR can a bypass of the system be done and I can live without no memory seats?
Can I just swap out the driver door seat/window/lock control, and have him re wire into the existing front seat, or does that all need to be pulled out and find a used "3 motor" power front seat? 
Open for suggestions!!!

V63

Try and disconnect the memory button switch on the door panel, the seat should function as regular seat.