News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1978 Seville Front Seat Removal

Started by Gary Christensen CLC # 21112, February 28, 2024, 11:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Christensen CLC # 21112

I need to remove the driver's seat on my Seville in order to debug a problem under the dash.  I already broke a rib trying to get under there lying on the seat!

I believe I see the four bolts to remove, but it looks like the track will come with the seat if I have correctly identified the bolts.  There are two in front under little plastic covers and two in back about six inches in from the end of the rail.

If so, I believe the only other thing I need to disconnect is the wiring connector.

Does anyone know whether I have it right?

Thanks!

Gary

badpoints

bcroe

Sounds good to me.  Sliding back the seat might
make it easier.  Those plastic bolt covers may
break before you get them back in place.  Do not
break ribs or hurt your back. 

The lower back seat might be removed to help, just
push it back hard and lift.  good luck, Bruce Roe

Gary Christensen CLC # 21112

Seville Life

That's exactly right. The seats are heavy and the require turning to get them out through the driver's door, once the wiring disconnected.

When re-fitting don't miss the seat frame to car earth strap on the front outer edge.

I have a '78 Elegante with console, yikes working under the dash is crippling?

Paul Bedford