News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Original window sticker reproductions

Started by Richardonly, November 09, 2011, 09:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richardonly

Hello,
At a recent NERCLC show, one of the cars had a reproduction sticker as originaly shown by the dealer when new, and originaly for sale.  It included selling dealer and address, price, options, etc.  How does one go about getting "theirs" from Cadillac Motor Division or ???
Any clues?
Richard
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

The Tassie Devil(le)

Thanks for the history lesson Steven,

I always wondered what it was all about, and why it was such a "wanted" item.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Dan LeBlanc

Just to be helpful and not a jerk, but there's a typo on the back message.  Provide is missing the e.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Richardonly

Thank you.  That was very interesting information and a history lesson that one might not find in books.

The car I saw the sticker on was a 1949 that showed the selling dealer in Mass, the list price and maybe 1 or 2 options or fees.
1995 Jaguar XJ6

Richardonly

David, 

Thank you for that link.  It may be what I saw at the show and may try ordering one.  You certainly made that easy.

Thank you for your help, Richard
1995 Jaguar XJ6

David King (kz78hy)

There is a little more to the history of the Monroney label that what is posted above. 

In the early 90's, there was a recession and I found myself out of work in the small central Indiana town I was living.   I could not find work as tooling engineer or manager, so I started selling new and used cars.  The Dealer I worked for sent me to 2 day class on how to sell cars.  Part of the training had some auto history to it.

The link provided below accurately describes the history that was taught to me how the Monroney label came about.  I found it very interesting at the time and still do.

Thought this might be useful to the conversation.

David

http://moseshondadispatch.blogspot.com/2010/08/history-of-monroney-label-or-sticker.html
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Dan LeBlanc

No problem.

Would you be able to do one for my 61 Fleetwood at some point?
Dan LeBlanc

Dan LeBlanc

Sounds good to me.   ;D
It will be one of those finishing touches a bit down the road though.
Dan LeBlanc

Michael Cooke

Steven,

How much does the window sticker cost?

Michael

jagbuxx #12944

I had a vendor "pontiacjack" do all 3 of my stickers.
www.classicpontiacwindowstickers.com
He uses the correct GM fonts.
Do your homework however to get the items listed in the coorect order plus shipping charges, although he has
a pretty big data base on Pontiacs to estimate those.
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

Michael Cooke

Steven,

I have a 67, 76, 77 & 2002 Eldorado.

Please email me where to contact you.

Thanks,

Michael

Richardonly

Hello again,

How does one go about finding the selling dealer?  I know my 1948 came from Florida, but that is it.

Richard
1995 Jaguar XJ6

Greg McDonnell

Richard,

At least you can narrow your search to only one state!  Imo, you're way ahead of the game!  It will take a lot of research (translation: much work and many hours) but you may be able to find what you're looking for.   One of our fellow CLC members, who is a Cadillac historian, may be able to help you with the names/locations of the dealers in '48.  His name escapes me at the moment but he was most helpful to me when I was trying to find the name of the original owner of my '66 Eldorado.  Fortunately, the Protect-O-Plate was still with my car and it had the dealer's name typed on the back flap of the warranty booklet-Bob Olsen Cadillac in Stillwater, MN.  It had the date the car was delivered to the original owner as well.  But instead of indicating the owner's name, it stated his company's name!  I eventually found out who he was with the aid of the MN Public Library.  It was well worth the effort!  My car's original owner was a self-made man who was amazingly successful.  He bought the Eldorado (perhaps even ordered it) as a reward to himself for reaching a milestone in his career (according to his son, with whom I spoke). 

Best of luck!

Greg McDonnell
CLC#20841
Greg McDonnell
CLC #20841

Ed

Steven, I ordered one from GM Heritage Center, but it was not very clear. They only sent me a pdf file of it. Steven can you produce one for an 84 Eldorado?

Ed Nieves
Ed Nieves
Member #23765

Antoni Deighton

Steven,

I'm also interested in getting a couple for my cars. I know quite a bit about my cars (my parents bought the Fleetwood when it was just a year old). For the options list, would you be able to figure it out from the dataplate? Obviously I know the options the car has, but I'm not sure which options were available in "packages".

Let me have your email, (you can email me at ad8n (at) gte (dot) net ) and I'll send you the info,

Thanks,

Antoni
Antoni Deighton - CLC# 25867
1967 Cadillac Eldorado - (Grecian White)
1978 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham - (Arizona Beige)
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT - (Bluette)

bcampbell

Steven, I'm also interested in getting a window sticker for my 1959 Cadillac.  You can email me at bcampbell@drivelogistics.com and I'll send you the information.

Thanks,

Bob

bcampbell

Quote from: Dan LeBlanc on November 11, 2011, 07:34:32 PM
Sounds good to me.   ;D
It will be one of those finishing touches a bit down the road though.
Quote from: richardonly on November 13, 2011, 10:07:01 AM
Hello again,

How does one go about finding the selling dealer?  I know my 1948 came from Florida, but that is it.

Richard
I am looking to find a Detroit dealer that was in business in 1959.  Can anyone help me with this?

steveo6269

Steven,

I was looking for a windows sticker for a 1988 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance. Dark Blue Tufted Seats. All the options... If one could be made and sent to steveo6269@yahoo.com (sample) that would be great. Thanks.

PS. I also have a copy of an '89 Windows sticker if you needed one to look off of.

-Steve

Davidinhartford

I've got a photo site with 47 different Cadillac window stickers on it.   Feel free to use any pics to help you with your projects.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1466723@N21/pool/