News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1961 Parcel Shelf Material

Started by Clewisiii, May 21, 2022, 07:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clewisiii

I have most the materials to recreate my 61 Fleetwood rear parcel shelf.  I would like to do it in the next few weeks.   But I am questioning the covering fabric.

The original fabric was an open weave natural material.  It is clued to the board.  Wrapped around the edges. Perimeter sewn. Then painted.   

The new material is similar to a synthetic nylon screen.  Listed as a parcel shelf fabric, but I may have been had and just bought a screen.   My biggest fear is this material will not hold the top coat paint.  It would be very annoying if it just rubbed off.

Has anyone found an appropriate material to recreate this cover. 
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

To my knowledge nobody has ever correctly reproduced the rear shelf lining for any year.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute