News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

LaSalle taillight identification

Started by Bill Bickle 15098, March 09, 2005, 02:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Bickle 15098

I have what I thought were 1937 LaSalle taillight parts. Upon further investigation, I discover that the lens retainer or cover is 1938 but the base, which should be part #922485 (found under group # 14.1682 in Master Parts Book), is part #922453.  The cover fits the base. Did other cars use this style of taillight?  Is the parts book wrong(I suspect not)? What would this belong to?  Any help would be appreciated.

Robert Koch 21150

Since La Salle is a GM car it is a safe bet that the base fits many cars. Use Google to look at specific cars you suspect, such as Buick. Type in 1938 Buick and click on the images tab. La S no doubt fits the Caddy 60 and 60s and probably many others.
The reason I suggest doing it this way instead of waitng for an answer is that you will wind up staring at so many cool pictures that you wont notice how fast or slow the answer arrives here! Just for grins I typed in 1929 Kissel the other day. BUNCH of images! Never heard of a Kissel? Neither had my dad (83!) until I sent him some URLs. He knows what a Franklin is....

Barry Wheeler #2189

Hi, It is too close to leaving for my daughters for supper to check the Master Parts book, but I think I remember that the 1937 LaS and Cad 60 both used the same housings but different lenses. Ditto, 1938. Check them out, but dont bother with checking Buick. There was sharing WITHIN a division, but not outside, (except for body shells of course, and rarely, a rear fender.)

Bill Bickle 15098