News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Repro Floorboards 71-76 Sedan DeVille

Started by Mike Beda, March 31, 2008, 07:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Beda

Hi,

Is anyone out there reproducing floorboards for the 71-76 C-bodies, specifically a '76 Sedan DeVille?  I've found tons of new sheet metal for Chevies and Fords and even for Cadillacs up to 1966, but nothing for these cars.

Thanks!

-mB

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Are any of the Chevies for Impala in 1975-76? They should come pretty close, as I think the "B" and "C" bodies front cabin were pretty much the same. In any case, I've never seen anyone sliding under a car at our shows counting ribs on floor pans. Maybe they do at Model A meets and Bloomington Gold tho...
Candidly, I would find something the correct size in the GM reproductions available and weld them in. You are to be commended for trying to get "the right stuff," but there is most likely, not enough demand to re-do these later items. The only other cars that would use them would be Electra 225s and Olds 98s.
I think I have seen other people suggest taking the car to a good metal man and having him impress the ribs from what you have left on your car, then cut to size and weld in. In any case, good luck.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville