News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1938 Cadillac

Started by Thomas Lindholm CLC#13781, February 17, 2008, 06:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas Lindholm CLC#13781

I need a pair 1938 Series 75 front fenders with wheel wells or at least one right, Series 65 are identical.
It must be someone out there that can help me or are these impossible to find?
Thomas

harvey b

Hello Thomas,i know this sounds funny,but have you tried E-Bay,i have seen them on there before and some did not sell,you can do a search for past auctions and maybe if they are still for sale make a deal,i will try and find the one i am thinking of.there are a set of tire covers on e-bay now,not sure if you need them,he might have the fenders from them?the hardest part is going to be able to make sure they are the right ones,not from a lasalle or a different series :-\.good luck in your search  thanks Harvey Bowness
Harvey Bowness

Hello Harvey
If they have been on e-bay I must have missed them. I do have a set of tire covers but my right fender is very rusty and has been hit so hard that it can’t be fixed. My left fender can maybe be saved but I really would like to find another one.
All help is appreciated
Thank you
Thomas

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Thomas,

As a last straw, if you know of any really old hands that were in the Bodywork game, they would still have the expertise to physically make some from scratch.

They used to do that here as part of their Panel Beating Apprenticeship training.   They had to make up panels to suit a vehicle, but in say 2/3 scale, from scratch, and some of their work was just perfection.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Joe Manna

Tom.I have a set of 37 fenders for sale.Are they the same?Joe
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

Joe Manna

Quote from: joemanna on February 17, 2008, 07:31:02 AM
Tom.I have a set of 37 fenders for sale.Are they the same?Joe
Thom,the fenders ,I am asking $600.00 for the pair.The inner fenders are still attached.
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

Hi Tom
Unfortunately not, They will only fit from 1938 Series 65 and 75.
There was a really rough 38 for sale on e-bay last week but with a nice par of front fenders going with the car but of course when I was going to place my bid I didn’t have any internet connection so I missed them but I guess they made someone else happy
I have been working with this car more or less under 10 years now so I really would like to finish it
Thank you for trying
Thomas

My 1938 is still standing without front fenders, there must be a pair out there for me or?
Thomas

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Hi Tom. Go to the Hemmings Motor News site. They have their issue on line now, I believe. Look in the Cadillac parts for sale and see if Cominsky still has an ad. They are from NY state. They have dealt in Senior Cadillacs of the late 1930s and early forties for years, and might have a set.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Virgil Perkins

Greetings Thomas,
You might try Martin Blasinsky in PA, at (724) 583-9307. I also saw 3 wheel well fenders at his brother's (Paul) place last fall, but I am not sure if they were for a '38, '39 or '40.
VP

Hi guys
I talked with Comeskey in January and they didn’t have any fenders.  I have also just talked with Martin Blasinsky but he didn’t give me too much hope. Going to call him on Friday again but I’m not counting on anything so I’m still looking for a pair of front fenders
Thomas

Greg Mouton

Hey Thomas just posting to keep your thread running I see youve been told to look on ebay,it seems thats the best advice we get here lately wich can be helpfull to have more eyes on ebay even though if your like me you check ebay regularly but we appreciate everyones ffort .But dontbe discouraged you keep up  the search  I think one of these guys in this club that allready has restored his car and has left over parts and knows how tough it is to get parts and also dosent stay on the net daily will come here after a few weeks or months and see your post and mine and unload their junk / our treasure/ on us for a fair price just to get it out of their way wich has allready happened for me twice , so you can rest assure that any thing I have left over when I am done will be passed on to the next guy here on the club forum ! it seems that everyone on ebay and sometimes these parts locators are  trying to get rich on one part that is usualy junkyard rejects and you see the forum rules are for no comercial sales here on this forum wich truly helps regular guys like us so hang in there man and hats off to all you guys that are helping each other I hope to pass on the good will to someone else ;-)

Cajun cadillac man in Louisiana  aaayyeee

Greg Mouton

I  think I have broken the first rull of the forum with my last post by signing with a handle instead of my name sorry you guys and forum moderator ?   :(   

Greg Mouton

Jon Riley

1938 75 front fenders on ebay:

Item number: 350207170244

Item number: 120426745216

Item number: 120426748071

I'm not affiliated with the seller.  I just want another 38-75 on the road.

Good luck,

Jon Riley

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

Quote from: Thomas Lindholm CLC#13781 on February 17, 2008, 07:49:21 AM
Hi Tom
Unfortunately not, They will only fit from 1938 Series 65 and 75.

Wouldn't 1938-1940 Series 90 fenders fit, too?

Jon Riley

It is my understanding that the front fenders and grill are different on the Series 90 Cars and they they will not interchange. 

I could be wrong, though.

Chris Bryant #19358

Hi folks,

The 1938 Series 75 and 90 have identical bodies. Only major difference is a V8 in the 75 Series and a flathead V16 in the Series 90.

Cheers,

Chris Bryant

Jon Riley

I agree that 38-75 and 38-90 have the same bodies.  But they have different grills, and therefore, I believe different front fenders. 

For example, if you wanted to convert a 38-75 into a 38-90 (v-16), you would need: the V16 engine, the V16 front grill, and the two V-16 front fenders, in addition to all the moldings/trim changes.

Steve Passmore

Hi Thomas   There is indeed a right fender on ebay right now for the 75. it has less than a day to run.
Steve
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

Otto Skorzeny

Do any of you guys realize that Thomas was looking for these fenders 16 months ago? Neither he nor anyone else has posted since March of 2008.

Why and how did this post get dragged up?  I'm sure Thomas has solved his fender problem by now.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE