News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

"Guest" Selling Items

Started by Ted in Olympia WA, November 14, 2009, 11:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otto Skorzeny

I'm sure those people to whom Ted provided valuable parts are grateful that he happened to be here on the forum whether he was a CLC member or not. Contributions to the club, hobby and preservation of the marque take many forms and aren't solely limited to the membership dues.

The questions and answers and information posted in this forum are often much more valuable to the club and its goal and ideals than any dues could ever be.

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

RobW

Quote from: STDog on November 21, 2009, 05:09:36 PM
No, in the past he offered a specific part if he had it and someone was looking for it.
That's the same as any other individual offering to sell a part they have.

That is not the same as advertising as a seller, saying contact me if you need parts.

Maybe it's subtitle, maybe it's because I know Ted (through other forums) , but I see a difference.

Never mind that he has contributed more than many dues paying members, answering questions and offering advice.

You remind of a politician/pundit, parsing someones words looking for the worst way to take what is said so you can feel slighted and then complain about it.

At this point I'm not sure I want to ever give the CLC another penny. I don't care to be a parts of a group with such a holier than though attitude. I probably won't be attending another CLC event nor patronizing the vendors there.

I hope some day you visit a forum outside the CLC seeking help, and I see it, so I can remind you that you pay dues to the CLC for your information and shouldn't be hanging out with the lowlifes that volunteer their time because they want to,  and to go back to the snobbish folk you belong with.

You sure don't seem to want the information non-CLC members provide here.

You just don't get it! First off I don't feel slighted at all. Secondly I support other forums I belong to through sponsorship donations, usually $25/yr. My point is that if someone is profiting from this club owned and membership supported site they should join the club and help offset the cost of operating the site they are profitting from. What's wrong with that?
I have no problem with Ted. I'm very familiar with how he offers parts. I also don't think paying dues for that privelege is asking too much. Cheap rent if you will.
And you're more than welcome to visit me anytime at www.elcaminocentral.com My name over there is Bobby78. You'll find I give alot of help and good advice to anyone who I feel I can help.
BTW I've never asked for help in how to fix something here. Only things I've asked for are a few parts.
Rob Wirsing

RobW

Quote from: Otto Skorzeny on November 21, 2009, 05:40:57 PM
I'm sure those people to whom Ted provided valuable parts are grateful that he happened to be here on the forum whether he was a CLC member or not. Contributions to the club, hobby and preservation of the marque take many forms and aren't solely limited to the membership dues.

The questions and answers and information posted in this forum are often much more valuable to the club and its goal and ideals than any dues could ever be.

That would be true if this site sold advertising here and allowed things like annoying pop-up ads. Then all that great info would be profitted on by hits translated into $$ from advertisers. That's not the case here. The forum is here only because x amount of people all over the world decided to be a part of the CLC and send in their dues.
Rob Wirsing

Jon Riley #13576

Car Freak:

"e.g." means example.  I was giving examples as to club policies and changes of the policies of this club over the years.  If you re-read my post with this in mind, you will understand that I was making no judgments either way as to the location of the CLC museum, or the modified chapter, or whether to allow modified Cadillacs at the Grand National.  BUT, these are CHANGES to the club policies.

I think that everyone who is a member of the CLC (for which I am a “current” dues-paying member of over 10+ years) understands that there is a modified chapter and that modified Cadillacs are invited to attend the Grand National. (But they were not when this forum was started)

Let me re-iterate my points:

- Unregistered, non-club members, selling items helps CLC members.
- Unregistered, non-club members, offering advice regarding the problems of Cadillacs helps CLC members.
- Unregistered, non-club members, offering advice and suggestions as to how to run the club does not help the CLC.

The Tassie Devil(le)

I understood where you were coming from Jon.   But then, I am living in the future. ;D

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Rick Payton

Guys,  I think the admin folks need to stop this topic before it gets any further out of hand! I could care less who is a member or non member at this point. All I care about is a fun group of people who love a Cadillac or LaSalle. I would say every statement here is the view of one individual member and not the view of the "CLC".  So with that I hope my post is the last on this topic.
Rick Payton - President- US Distribution
WWW.FLATJACK.COM

1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1955 Cadillac Eldorado Seville
1955 Cadillac Coupe Deville
1956 Ford Thunderbird
1958 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham #590
1959 Cadillac Coupe Deville
1964 Corvette Stingray
1967 Cadillac Coupe Deville
1986 Mercedes Benz 560SL
2006 Cadillac XLR
2013 Cadillac XTS
2015 Cadillac Escalade

eldo59

Quote from: Payton1960 on November 22, 2009, 12:03:59 AM
Guys,  I think the admin folks need to stop this topic before it gets any further out of hand! I could care less who is a member or non member at this point. All I care about is a fun group of people who love a Cadillac or LaSalle. I would say every statement here is the view of one individual member and not the view of the "CLC".  So with that I hope my post is the last on this topic.
Yes,let this be the last post.PLEASE
Mauro Bonfitto

sr71mopar

Greg Foss
1955 Coupe deVille

Bill Hedge CLC 14424