News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1928 Al Capone Cadillac

Started by Charles D. Barnette, August 18, 2010, 11:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles D. Barnette

The 1928 "Al Capone" Cadillac Town Sedan recently owned by the John M. O'Quinn estate sold last weekend for $355,000 at the RM Auction in Monterey, CA. No word yet as to who the new owner is. I hope he is a member of our club. This car was recently on display at the Arlington Hotel in Hot Springs, Arkansas, where Mr. Capone use to vacation. There is still a suite at the hotel named after Mr. Capone. Charles D. Barnette

CTynes

Here is a picture of the Al Capone Cadillac on display at the Arlington Hotel in Hot Springs, Arkansas.  Charles D. Barnette

Alan Harris CLC#1513

If anyone is interested, I saw this same car on display in a car museum in Niagara Falls, Canada in 1961. Along with it was an Alfa Romeo formerly owned by Mussolini.

Did anybody else see it there? It would be interesting to know where this car has been over the decades.

Otto Skorzeny

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

veesixteen

From what I know, Capone's 1928 Cadillac sedan was acquired by a showman in England, in 1933,  and exported to that country.   Later, it returned to the North American continent and in June 1963 [per Esquire magazine] it was reported on display at the Antique Auto Museum, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. Fo other Capone cars, check out the Club's Cadillac Database:  http://cadillacdb.planeteldorado.com/Dbas_txt/Starcar.htm
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

TonyZappone #2624

I went to school at the university of Buffalo, and visited the museum in the falls a few times.  I remember the Cadillac there at that time (the 60's).  Mussolini's car was not an Alfa (unless there were two of  his cars there) but a Lancia Astura converible from the thirties.  A rear seat car with landau irons on the top, if I recall correctly. 
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

TonyZappone #2624

I remembered this morning that a fellow named Bill Abbott owned the Cadillac in the 70's.  I believe he was from Chicago.  The now defunct Empire State Region, CCCA borrowed the car for an indoor show at the Dome Arena in Rochester, sometime around 1974.
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle