News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

68 Eldo Power (Vacuum) Door Locks

Started by Carl Glass, August 29, 2011, 01:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Glass

Ambitiously perhaps, I've decided to install the optional power door locks on my car.  Over the last few months I have assembled the necessary parts:  two door switches, two door actuators, vacuum distribution block and miles of hose.  The last parts to arrive were the door trim panels that have the additional cutouts for the switches.  Personally, I don't like the hornizontal orientation of the lock switches, especially since the word "LOCK" is printed the other way.  My problem is the ears on the back of my switches do not line up with the holes on my trim panels.  Both switches and panels were allegedly from 68 Eldorados.  I'm wondering if either of my parts are incorrect, or if perhaps Cadillac changed designs midyear.  Can anyone provide some guidance here?  Since the parts are relatively difficult to find, i'm leaving towards fabricating some sort of attachment.  Any ideas?

Thx

Carl
Carl Glass
'68 Eldorado, cruise control, climate control, am/fm stereo, tilt/tele, 6-way bench, and vinyl roof.  Would love to add the twilight sentinel, guide-matic, power door locks, right hand mirror, headrests, and floor mats.  And how about leather buckets?  Oh, and pull the vinyl top.

Carl Glass

Also, if anyone can provide a picture/photo of how/where the vacuum distribution block is to be mounted, I would be much obliged!

And is it my understanding that vacuum door locks, regardless of which other options are installed, came with an oval shaped dedicated vacuum storage tank?  I would appreciate photos of your storage tanks with details on exactly which options you have.
Thx

Carl
Carl Glass
'68 Eldorado, cruise control, climate control, am/fm stereo, tilt/tele, 6-way bench, and vinyl roof.  Would love to add the twilight sentinel, guide-matic, power door locks, right hand mirror, headrests, and floor mats.  And how about leather buckets?  Oh, and pull the vinyl top.