News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1948 hydra-matic driving and driven torus numbers (need both halves!)

Started by kkarrer, September 07, 2011, 03:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkarrer

Hello,
    I have a 48 hydramatic that I'm putting in my 41, but it's missing the two halves of the torus member (driving...front and driven...rear).  These are the two half pieces that go inside of the torus cover and the flywheel.  I've posted an ad for them, but if someone knows the part numbers for these Fatsco's or Northwest might be able to find one that's a for sure fit.  My information derived from sources here, indicates that 46-48 should fit, but I don't know that for sure.  It probably has to be Cadillac only.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Ken Karrer (41 coupe)
512-626-7268 cell
kkarrer@austin.rr.com  home e-mail

Warren Rauch #4286

The parts you need are in Group 20.1510  . The driven with check valve is 861 0741. the driving is 861 0200.
  Hollander starts coverage in 1949 ,so they are no help.I also tried a Motors that has cross referances.It didn 't list any for these parts. So they just fit 1946-48 Cadillac. Warren

kkarrer

Warren,
      Thanks for the response.  I think we found something in California.  There are some other issues with wear caused by the old seals, but I think we can get this done.  I'll go in and remove the post.
Take care,
Ken