News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Long time CLC member Al Edmond Passed away last week

Started by robert G. smits, January 23, 2012, 08:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert G. smits

Al Edmond passed away last week after a long struggle with Alzheimers.  I first met Al in 74 when he built a home for me in Des Moines, Iowa. That resulted in a life long friendship and it wasn't long before Al had me interested in Cadillacs, I now have five.  Al was always interested in helping anyone with their cars.  He was one of the founding members of the the Des Moines CLC.  His last official duty in the CLC was chief judge and registrar for the Des Moines national meet.  Al was active in several car clubs and served as president of the AACA in 1989.   Our thoughts and prayers go out to Maurine and family.  Bob Smits #2426
R. Smits, #2426
23 Cad 7P Touring
32 Cad 5P Coupe
38 Cad 90 Series
41 Cad 63 Series
58 Cad Eldo Barritz
The average man can take care of one Woman and two Cadillacs, Al Edmond AACA Past President