News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957 Cadillac Coupe de Ville 62 Series 59k

Started by rwolfe5762, March 10, 2012, 12:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rwolfe5762

When I bought this car I knew I wasn't going to be able to afford a restoration just because since high school I've worked factory since with 1 job driving cab.  I just couldn't see or well bear to know it ended up in a junkyard like the 1956 Eldorado Seville with the vinyl top, gold sabre wheels, autronic eye, batwing air cleaner, & dual 4s that I found when I was 12 parked between a 1957 Chevrolet & 1960 Ford Starliner.  So since 1995 I've owned this car & its been in storage most of its life since with a few times on the road as I won 3rd Place with the help of some classmates from high school & my Uncle now has passed due to complications of Diabetes & smoking.  He passed away in 2008 along with another Uncle who I didn't know was in the US Navy at one time.  3rd Place was at UW-Stout Auto Show in 2009 1955-1960 Stock Class, since then its been parked.  With rising prices especially the forecast for this year I don't see it on the road, unless something like $2/gal or less appear.  The carb(AA), gas lines(AA), brake lines(DN), master cylinder(LC), wheel bearings(AA), tires(MT), brakes front/back(DN), bleeding brakes(WCB), battery(MT) more or less a lot of help from my friends & my Uncle used to drive 4hrs to visit with his sister(my Mom)& help me out with my car.  Since owning 57 I've worked in manufacturing with one job of 11yrs in the computer industry, since the layoff in 2009 I can't count how many jobs I've had since & now that I'm working again I don't have a garage to do any other work to it as it needs a brake booster, fuel pump, water pump, shifter knob, just trying to keep it on the road.  Any suggestions any help greatly appreciated.  The previous owner had it parked next to the following in a barn:
1929 Ford Model A 2dr Roadster 327/4spd
1931 Ford Model A Tudor Sedan stock
1955 Chevrolet Bel-Air 2dr Hardtop 327/4spd
1956 Chevrolet Bel-Air 2dr Hardtop 350/auto
1957 Cadillac Coupe de Ville 62 Series 365/auto
1959 Lincoln Convertibles(3)
1966 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu 454/auto
*1967 Ford Galaxie Convertible 390/auto
1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302/4spd
*1975 Bricklin SV1 351W/auto
*1978 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Coupe 425/auto
1984 Chevrolet Corvette
1986 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
motorcycles, jetskiis, boats, remodeling stuff, properties, houses, landscaping stuff.  The Bricklin SV1 is sitting down at www.valleymotorsofwinona.com.