News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1960 transmission cooler flex lines

Started by Ivan Z., February 17, 2014, 10:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivan Z.

I am looking for a new set of the flexible hoses. I can get a complete set, but the freight to here is a killer, and my steel lines are OK. Any suggestions?
Ivan Zanatta
60 CDV
47 Chevy
71 Holden
76 Holden

Glen

Most cities have a shop where they make hoses for construction and farm equipment.  Take your hoses to them and they can make replacements for you.  You probably have to tell them what pressure the hoses normally run. 

HTH
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Ivan Z.

What sort of pressure would that be? Just going by other auto trans models, I suspect it's not much, as the usual "after market" coolers are hooked up to the steel lines with hose clamps. The Cadillac ones look like proper high-pressure hydraulic lines, but it could be just their"over-engineering".
Still lasted 54 years though!
Ivan Zanatta
60 CDV
47 Chevy
71 Holden
76 Holden