News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1958 series 62 convertible in Norway

Started by sylvarnes, April 06, 2014, 07:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sylvarnes

Hello everybody.
Thought i shoud share some pictures and a story about my 1958 converible i restored over a 19 yrs periode. Done a couple of years ago. Started out with a rusty Ohio car, had to use a rustfree floors , front clip etc. from a donor car.
Since im a Body and paint man im doing all work myself, incuding mekanicks  Its kind of interesting learning process as the work goes on. I allso added a factory air suspention and Tri power to the car, witch acctualy all works . Painted it in the factory color Black with Red interior. All new chrome etc. Took a lot of time and elbow grease to complete it, but worth while i woud say since i have a passion to these cars . Was allso revarded with quite a few prices at carshows. Hope this is for inspiration to other people who restore cars to. I allso just complted a 1960 4dr sedan , wil post pictures. Curently working
on my 1959 Biarritz.
Rune Hjortland

59-in-pieces

Rune,
Impressive - all the way around.
I love to see the work of others who do allot of the restoration themselves - a man after my own heart.
The time spent doing the work is in my mind nothing compared to the satisfaction of doing the bulk of the work oneself.
To keep a mental balance, a man should work with his hands, from time to time - to reinforce the can do attitude and spirit.
I must say you have done something I have been dreaming about - installing an air ride system.
I have focused on 59's for quite awhile and have only worked on "spring" cars and have yearned for an air ride to play with.
My hat is off to you and the work you have done.
Inspire away.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

sylvarnes

Hi Steve.

Thanks for kind remarks !

Rune Hjortland

INTMD8

That rust repair was quite extensive but damn does she look fine now!  Excellent work, thanks for sharing the pics.