News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

"49 "TRANSPORTATION UNLIMITED" CARIBBEAN(FLEETWOOD) SHOW CAR.1of 4

Started by FRANKS, August 06, 2014, 11:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FRANKS

HELP....I HAVE JUST ACQUIRED ANOTHER '49 FLEETWOOD...IT IS MY DESIRE TO DO SOMETHING SPECAIL WITH IT, SO I REALLED THE CARIBBEAN SHOW CAR OF 1949.  I HAVE CHECKED 80 YRS OF CADILLAC PAGE 283.NOT MUCH SAID OF THE CAR, AS WELL ROY SCHNEDER'S, CADILLACS OF
THE FORTIES,1st ADDITION, PAGE 166....BEAUTIFUL PICTURE BUT NO INFO.  I TALKED TO ROY TODAY AND HE MADE SOME SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHOM I MAY CONTACT FOR INFO, INCLUDING STEVE PLUNKETT, HE SUGGESTED I CALL GREG WALLACE @ GM, WHICH I WILL DO.  MY REASON FOR THIS NOTE IS TO ASK IF ANY OF OUR MEMBERS HAVE ANY RECOLLECTION OF THIS CAR OR ANY INPUT TO HELP ME.  I AM LOOKING FOR EXACT COLOR, FULL INFO ON THE INTERIOR, AS TO GOODS, CLOTH, LEATHER ETC.  ALSO CAN ANY ONE DISCRIBE TO ME THE "DOOR SADDLE" HOW IT IS CONSTRUCTED AS WELL AS THE MATERIAL USED.  THIS PROJECT IS VERY SPECIAL TO ME SO ANY AND ALL HELP, SUGGESTIONS IS GRREATLY APPRECIATED.

FRANK STAGNITTO CLC#13539

okccadman

David Temple may have some info from his Motorama research for his upcoming book.
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

Barry M Wheeler #2189

As far as the door saddles are concerned, I would think that a flattened rolled piece of 1/4" steel cut to fit and rolled into shape should suffice. At least from the picture. Candidly, who is going to tell you they are "wrong" at this date? Anything that is workmanlike that duplicates the picture should suffice. (Find a 1956 Mercury Monterey and go from there.)

I would imagine that the foreman in charge of the project simply told one of the Fleetwood workmen what he wanted and let it go at that. All of these workmen  had the ability to transfer "what was wanted" into reality on their own. If the first result was not satisfactory, then they simply made another part.

Best of luck. I have always thought that that car was the prettiest of the three. As far as color, I would think that the palest metallic green possible would reflect the idea of a "Caribbean Sunrise." Like the '58 Eldo convertible that is so nice, except several shades lighter.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I've been worrying all day about the "fourth car" and finally remembered the CDV... Too lazy to get out Roy's book. And it was Gay's Birthday, too.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

veesixteen

Check out the club's "Cadillac Database" (a couple of photos there, as well as
a few lines of text):
http://www.cadillacdatabase.org/Dbas_txt/Drm48-49.htm
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

FRANKS

GOOD EVENING AND THANX FOR THE ADVISE ONE & ALL.  I HAVE BEEN DOING A LOT OF RESURCH AND IF ALL GOES WELL, I PLAN TO GRAB THE "GONTLET" AND MOVE FORWARD ON THE PROJECT.  HOWEVER, I WILL MAKE MY PLAN AND WORK THAT PLAN.....I AM 80, BUT THANK GOD, I AM IN REASONABLE HEALTH.... SO I AM NOT SURRE OF THE TIME FACTOR.  MY BRIDE OF 54 YEARS THINKS I AM ON THE OTHER SIDE OF SANITY, BUT SHE LOVES ME AND THE CARS.  SO ALL, STAY TUNED AS I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED.

FRANK