News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

62-6267: Need trunk lock with key urgently

Started by 6262, April 15, 2015, 03:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Some previous owner has broken his way into the car. I have found two sets of keys hidden under the car but the damage is done.

Now I need a trunk lock with key urgently. I'm aware that the trunk key normally should match the glove box key (right?) but I have to deal with that issue later and go on with three keys for some time. At a later point I will hand it over to the vintage-car-locksmith with excellent reputation that we have here in Germany.
1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville

Ken Perry

The trunk lock is available new for the 62 Cad. It is the same for a lot of GM cars 62 and up.Over here you can get it commonly at a Auto Parts Store. The number on the side tells you what key you have and what waffers are in the lock,with those numbers the lock smith can easily make it again. If you want those numbers to stay secret,then you should not have that picture posted ! Good luck. Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

GBrown #8092

OPGI has them in their catalog.
No idea what shipping and duty to Germany might be

Glenn

Thanks. Now I have learned something about locks :)

I have been hoping to find an original lock and get it refurbished and adjusted for my keys by a locksmith who is specialized in vintage cars.

Since it seems that I'm not successful in finding one, I will opt for the OPGI lock.
1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville

russ austin

I have some trunk locks for the 61-63  You can pick from them, with or without keys.   

email me at  russ85747@hotmail.com
R.Austin