News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Wanted 1937 model 60 Cadillac seats

Started by rbrown7713, December 31, 2018, 06:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbrown7713

I bought some suppossed 1937 Cadillac seats on ebay and they don't match, the bench seat is probably for a 1940, too wide, so I need both front and rear set of seats, thank you, Robert Brown,   I also have some parts for trade, grille, hood, headlights, fenders, front cowl.  813-753-8961
Robert Brown
1937 Cadillac model 60, on a 73 Buick frame
A&P mechanic
US Army helicopter pilot 25th Inf. 25 avn. bat.
I build 1:32 scale trains

Barry M Wheeler #2189

You can look for 1937-1938 GM "B" bodied cars and they should work for you. Olds, Pontiac, Buick Special/Century, LaSalle, and of course, your Cadillac Series 60 which was the base model Cadillac for those two years.

You will have to use the correct pattern for the cloth, of course, but the basic springs and frames should work fine. GM Divisions worked together (I would surmise) to alter the interior dimensions slightly with padding, etc, so that Pontiac could say that the front seat is wider than a comparable Olds. (This might be only a fraction of an inch at times.)

I'm sorry but I don't know the Olds/Pontiac model designations. The best way to find out which cars are "A" bodies and which are "B" bodies is to study shots of the side windows.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville