News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Want to buy a mirage

Started by randybronkema, February 24, 2019, 08:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randybronkema

I would love to buy a Cadillac Mirage. if anyone knows of one for sale in almost any condition please let me know.
Thanks, Randy Bronkema
randy@randybronkema.com
Looking to buy a Mirage
Sold 1960 Limousine
Sold 1964 Coupe Deville
Sold 1967 Fleetwood Brougham

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Randy,
I too was looking for a Mirage for quite some time.  There a few of them out there but the ones I found were either #1 show cars or rusted, cosmetically "enhanced" wrecks.  I finally found a "Paris" which was a 79 version by American custom Coachcraft of Beverly Hills, CA and I restored it. 
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

35-709

Keep an eye on Hemmings Motor News, eBay, and BAT (Bring-A-Trailer).  Mirages and Caribous come up every once in a great while.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Ken Perry

I saw this picture on Facebook today,it says it's  74. There used to be a couple 75s or76s here in Bakersfield,Ca but I havn't seen them in years. There is a custom 59 Cad pu here in Bakersfield,built by Gene Winfield that is going to be for sale.   Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

Ken Perry

Here are the pics I have of the 59 Cad pu.I know it's off your topic,just thougt I would share. Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

RossDeVore

Was that 59 really built by Gene Winfield?

Jeff Wilk

Quote from: RossDeVore on September 21, 2019, 05:01:10 PM
Was that 59 really built by Gene Winfield?

I strongly doubt it and would need to see documentation. Probably picked up on the real fact that Gene designed the 75-76 Mirage
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Ken Perry

Gene Winfield 100% built the 59 Cad pu I posted !I went to his shop when he was in LA and saw it being built,more than one time. Gene built it for John Bolan (my friend) R.I.P.  It was a life long dream of Johns.Gene also painted it,he did his famous Winfield Fade paint job. The bed cover was added after,Gene came to Johns house and painted it to match and spotted in the pass door,in Johns garage.I have known that car since it was a green flat top sitting in Johns driveway. Gene is still alive,go ask him. :D Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

RossDeVore

Ken,

That's amazing and very cool! Have you ever seen under the bed cover? Any other pics? Would love to know more about it!

Ross

Jeff Wilk

Ken, I have no problem standing corrected and thank you for providing us with that detail. Simply awesome to hear. I’ve been following Mirages for years, owned (and sold) one, and have reached out to Gene at his shop a few times. Never heard of this ‘59 conversion  is all and very unfortunately there have been so many people taking their own customized “pick up truck Cadillacs” and listing them with claims that Gene built them.

Thanks again for providing this great detail.

Jeff

Southern New Jersey

SOLD
1958 Cadillac Sedan

Ken Perry

I think Gene has built at least one more 59 Cad pick up,mayby more than that. Gene has worked on and built an amazing amount of cars. Ken Perry 
Cadillac Ken

Jeff Wilk

Ken, this looks like the same car......maybe it’s the second one?

Southern New Jersey

SOLD
1958 Cadillac Sedan

76eldo

Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Ken Perry

NO,not the same car! The one Gene bilt has coupe doors and if you look close on the would be tailgate,it is just trunk lid. On the 59 Gene built it has a total custom,functioning tailgate. The light blue one was on E bay a few years ago and and I remeber reading about it,not a Winfield car. Also the light blue one has a vinyl bed cover,the one Gene built has a fiberglass bed cover that hinges up with struts to hold it up.If you look at the light blue one you will see how they just retained the flat top doors,looks unproportioned to the car as a two door. Close but no cigar ;) Ken Perry   
Cadillac Ken

Ken Perry

Oh,by the way,the reason I know so much about the Winfield 59 Cad pu is,my friend John Bolan had Gene build it,,,,And I had it at my shop for over a year way back working on it. I know the car backward and forward :D Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken