News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

I finally found my 1960 Seville

Started by 60eldo, July 13, 2019, 10:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

60eldo

Bought it off ebay today sienna rose, needs lots of work but I love the color Item #113816873419 sorry dont know how to post it here its rough. Gonna need lots of help from u guys, parts etc, so here we go. Is there any companys out there that make a pre fit seat int out there?
Jon. Kluczynski

The Tassie Devil(le)

I couldn't find anything with that item Number.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

60eldo

Ok sorry look under sold you will see it. Maybe someone can post it here
Jon. Kluczynski

60eldo

here
Jon. Kluczynski

David Greenburg

Congrats and welcome back into the Seville family.  I know you’ve been looking for quite a while.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

76eldo

I couldn’t find that one on eBay but there is a pretty decent black one on there for a Buy It Now at $22,000.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

60eldo

Ya saw that one,,,not bad, but I really like the Sienna Rose  https://youtu.be/XSEGggSZVck   heres the vidio,,,I know its rough
Jon. Kluczynski

76eldo

Jon,

This is a classic example of the problem with a cheap buy-in on a very expensive to restore car.

The one I offered you for $32,000 with all the chrome done, excellent interior, rust-free body and all trim there and perfect including hubcaps with a beautifully running 23,000 mile drivetrain plus the original engine was a bargain.

You can spend at least $10,000 on the interior, another $10,000 to $15,000 on paint and chrome, at least $7500 on mechanicals and end up with a "restored" car that was once a roach.  Or you can get a 38,000 mile solid and straight car needing only a fresh coat of paint that was never molested or apart.

Not trying to bring ants to your picnic but unless you can do all of the work yourself you will be spending the next 5 years and $50,000 or more making that into a nice car.

I realize that the front clip being removed from my car posed a transportation issue but the drivetrain is reinstalled and I am glad that I decided to keep mine because I will never find another one like it.

Good luck with yours, it's going to be a long ride.

Brian

Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Scot Minesinger

That is a wonderful car, and I agree it does need a lot of work.

What Brian wrote is 100% beyond true, and I think 50k is light doing all the work yourself.

Sometimes you have to settle for a dream car (the exact one you want) in less than perfect shape and restore at great time and expense.  I always wanted a 4 door convertible and in 2009 the opportunity for a 1970 Cadillac factory authorized 4 door convertible came up (the only made) and I bought it.  However, it needed a ton of work.  I have done much of it myself of a semi-frame off nut and bolt restoration.  I will have 100k in it when done.  Due to heavy life demands it is kind of stalled right now, but most of the work is done.  At the time, I certainly knew that I should buy the best you can afford, but it was a have to buy car for me.  And I probably would have choked on the price of what it should go for in perfect condition, so this is like a payment plan.  Plus it is exactly how I want it - added some options, color change, perfect wiring, strengthened frame and etc.

So I get it - have to have car - and it will cost a great deal to restore to reliable presentable condition.

Enjoy your Cadillac!
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

rwchatham CLC 21892

You can spend 20 k alone for a real nice interior  , chrome bill alone for show chrome is another 20k , body and paint 20-30 k. Etc etc these cars will burn through cash so fast your head will spin . On a Seville it has to be a labor of love since it costs the same to do a Biarritz s as it does a Seville . The rose color is a spectacular color though , just be prepared for the expenses involved in doing these .
R. Waligora

rwchatham CLC 21892

The sellers comment of restored the car is worth 180 k is a fantasy island dream . You’d be hard pressed to get that for a 60 Biarritz .  Beautiful car to restore but the seller was dreaming with some of his comments .
R. Waligora

rwchatham CLC 21892

And when a seller states the floors feel crunchy that means be ready to replace the floor pans rockers and trunk Floor along with the inner wheel wells .
R. Waligora

60eldo

I bought it cause I love the color, I didnt want a car that was 3 different colors. Did I over pay?
Jon. Kluczynski

rwchatham CLC 21892

If you wanted to do a rose colored one than no you did not overpay . It will be stunning when done and the purchase price will not matter .
R. Waligora

rwchatham CLC 21892

According to the trim tag it looks like it should have a white vicodec  top .
R. Waligora

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: rwchatham CLC 21892 on July 14, 2019, 05:06:59 PM
The sellers comment of restored the car is worth 180 k is a fantasy island dream . You’d be hard pressed to get that for a 60 Biarritz .  Beautiful car to restore but the seller was dreaming with some of his comments .

But Ray, this particular 1960 Eldorado Seville is more valuable
because it has air and three deuce carburetor setup which, according
the the seller's deep knowledge & expertise of the model in question,
makes this one of 50 to 100 so equipped.  ::)

If one of these is $180K when restored, I'm Teddy Roosevelt.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Scot Minesinger

Check out the 1960 Seville pictured here at GN 2019, super nice Cadillac to be sure.  What is something like this worth? 
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

rwchatham CLC 21892

Eric , you left out the most important part of the sellers description the ultra rare vinyl top ! Lol That must be the deciding factor of the 180k claim !
R. Waligora

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: rwchatham CLC 21892 on July 14, 2019, 08:32:39 PM
Eric , you left out the most important part of the sellers description the ultra rare vinyl top ! Lol That must be the deciding factor of the 180k claim !

Must've been the temporary paralysis I had gotten from the excitement
from hearing of a 1960 Eldorado Seville equipped with three deuces and air
that I completely forgot all about the rare vinyl top "option".  ;D
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute