News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1970 Cadillac DVC for sale on eBay

Started by chrisntam, May 07, 2021, 10:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisntam

Appears to be a nicely optioned car, not mine, always browsing on eBay.  Just not a fan of the white exterior.  It looks to be located in New Jersey.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254968470352?hash=item3b5d4e1b50%3Ag%3ABcYAAOSwObhgkxUb&LH_ItemCondition=3000%7C2500
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Nice looking car. These cars are RED hot now.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Big Fins

It's nice to see that the seller knows how to present the car. Everything neat and clean, no trash and/or dirt on the floors or seats. Seat belts straight and orderly. Original radio left in place. It needs a little TLC, a trunk mat here, hood padding there. He should get a good buck for it.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

James Landi

I agree with all of the above... yet, "...probably only needs a freon charge" is a very sour note, in my judgement.  If you've been watching these sales, "... probably only needs a freon charge" is a smoke screen for "likely needs far more money to fix than I'm willing to spend."  And, therefore, a non-starter for a big price on this purchase, because it calls into question ALL of the other representations (dare I say, potential misrepresentation) being made in the narrative.  If you've performed a major engine overhaul, and you're presenting a freshly painted engine under the hood, why would the a/c only need a freon charge ?  At $16,000, it may very well be a well maintained example with over 100,000 that is facing some major "repair humps"    Respectfully submitted, James

jagbuxx #12944

With the interior having been done in what appears to be vinyl and loop carpeting instead of pile would make it a non starter for me.
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

D.Smith

Dual comfort seats with 6-way power on both sides! 

The seats may be vinyl, but they look well done to me.   The cheesy K-Mart steering wheel cover bothers me more.

Personally I'd put the stock wheel covers back on it, peel off the incorrect stripes and S/W cover and enjoy the car.   Install the trunk carpeting and hood pad and you'll have a nice cruiser you can drive and enjoy.

Big Fins

60/40, no less. It's hell when you have 3 people in the front and the front passenger has to be an idiot and change the seat position.

For the A/C? Get ready to put out $2k if you can't do it yourself. That is just obligatory on an old car. The A/C always needs 'just a charge'.

For the seating, I would have to see and feel it personally. It looks pretty close to leather to me, even blown up on my screen.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Alan Harris CLC#1513

The biggest demerit is definitely that tacky steering wheel cover, but those wheel all looked like hell by the time the car was 8-10 years old. They are very expensive to restore or to source a decent one.

The car has a New Jersey history. Years ago, when I lived in that state, I owned (at different times) a 1969 and two 1970's. They rusted horribly in the NJ weather. Anyone looking at a NJ car of that vintage should examine it very carefully for rust damage.

The car is over 17K this evening. It is a looker, but that is really strong money for this car.

James Landi

Alan reminds me of my Dad's two New Jersey 1970 Cadillacs--- both were in lovely condition with reatively low mileage and garage kept, and when he died,  local folks expressed interest, but both cars had serious chassis rot in the rear third of their respective frames.   That was way back in 2002. Often wondered just what could be done.  Whomever "wins" this bidding war may in for a horrible surprise.  Let's hope not!   James   

colorado4x4

Looks to have the rear window defogger/blower option.  I like that 60/40 seat.  Overall, nice clean look. 
Rocky Mountain Region Membership Chair & Treasurer
1970 DeVille Convertible Chateau Mauve Firemist
1970 DeVille Convertible Lanai Green Metallic

chrisntam

It's at $25,200.00 with 10 hours to go.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas