News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

I think I missed this!!

Started by wayne #17075, January 27, 2005, 12:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne #17075

Hi, I live on a boat in the Caribbean and get to surf through my cell phone. "Can you here me now? Hello...can you hear me? Hello" Anyway, I must have missed out on this topic. What do you define as Modified? I have a 30 LaSalle ccp body that is more  air then metal. I plan to get it back to looking origonal but itll never stand up to a judging, so I plan to put a modern engine and suspension in it. Would this meet your criteria? Or will I be hounded out of the CLC for this blasphamy?
 Wayne  

Robt.Vonheck via SanDiego Calif.

--"have a 30/LaSalle-coupe body that is more air than metal" --ha!! -Wayne, from what you describe here, it would seem laudable if not downright valiant of you to save this survivor, --and perhaps donate the running-gear to an auto-museum for a great exhibit-piece.  But in my opinion, -the notion should be to at least keep it all up-dated Cadillac-parts, ideally mated to maybe a floor/stick-shift if possible, but i suppose the easiest thing would be to just transfer the body on to a modern pick-up Truck chassis with disk-brakes and all... ~Bob vH

Michael Stamps 19507

The members of the proposed chapter will decide how to define modified at a later date.  Since it is undefined right now I would go with the very loose "anything not factory correct."  It looks like you are right up our alley.  Please check out http://www.modifiedcadillac.org TARGET=_blank>www.modifiedcadillac.org or if your cell phone cant surf there then email me stampie@stampie.com .

Thanks,
Stampie

PS - I wonder how many 99 point show car owners just realized that their babies are "modified."