News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1911 Cadillac

Started by GARY FUNKHOUSER, February 18, 2005, 03:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GARY FUNKHOUSER

We are restoring a 1911 Cadillac touring car and each and every piece of brass has been painted flat black as well as the body. It appears that all pieces were painted before assembly as there is paint in areas that wouldnt get covered without being apart. Also the one remaing headlight glass cover is halfway painted with a dark olive green as if to conceal a lot of light. Could this have been some sort of WW I military staff car or some other official use? Is there any data listing Cadillacs for this purpose? Seems that someone went to a lot of trouble to reduce night time reflections. The motor # is 53029 SN# 28383 Shipped to Cincinnati, Ohio

Gary Funkhouser

JIM CLC # 15000

03-11-05
Gary, I would have to say that you have an old army staff car.
You may have some luck by checking with the department of the ARMY, as I dont think they have ever threw away a piece of paper.
Good Luck, Jim

JIM CLC # 15000

03-11-05
Gary, who knows, this could have been Gen Ridgeways first Cadillac, and he stayed with them. Would/should be worth a lot if you could tie his name to it, or some other warror, such as IKE.
Jim