News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

76 Eldo, was this really a color option?

Started by Steve Preston #16375, February 24, 2005, 02:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny

I dont remember any Eldorados until the Classic Biarritz in 78 having a 2 tone factory option.  I remember in the mid 70s, dealers were putting custom 2 tone paint jobs on new cars to stimulate sales.

Its really a great looking car, too bad he took the pictures in a shadow. Its refreshing to see someone give a straight forward description.

Sandy Partridge, #18390

Nope, I dont believe so.  It looks like a repaint to me.  Biggest clues are in the back end of the car.  76 Eldos had two chrome trim strips on the trunk lid that completed an outline of the tail lights, this car does not appear to have them.  Also, the chromed trim on the edge of the rubber (now plastic?) fender extensions are gone.  The wheel covers also appear to be wrong for the 76; these may be from 75 since the 76s used a black background (except the Bicentineal convertibles were white) as standard; I do not remember a color option for the wheel covers.  Single exhaust came from the factory.  It looks sharp (mostly), but I seriously doubt it is original.

Dave Smith

Sandy you nailed just about every flaw I spotted too.   The seller claims the car is 100percent original?  Hardly.     Museum quality?   He doesnt even mention the missing hood and trunk ornaments and the piping being torn on the edge of the drivers seat.  Why a steering wheel cover on a low mileage car?  Cracked no doubt.  The missing chrome over the taillights?   Removed when they fixed rust probaby.   And those rear fillers no doubt were replaced thus the chrome beading missing.   Yup, 100percent original.  Caveat Emptor.

David

Ross DeVore

This was the second or third go-around for this car on Ebay. IMHO, this is a 100K plus car, repaint, that if not misrepresented is at the very least misunderstood by the buyer. Look at the 1976 Bicen Eldo on Ebay now. Claims 5k miles, look closely at the pics, this appear to be another 100k car from the engine compartment, discoloration of steering wheel and shift knob, and incorrect hub caps(there white but just the centers and the wreath iscoming off on of them.)

Ross DeVore CLC# 21593

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

I agree. All the bad signs, negative feed back, the WORST pictures Ive ever seen & the old lost storage lie. And some sucker paid 12K for it. Also his auctions are now private to prevent previous victims from warning the bidders. All bad news. Bob