News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Paint Specs

Started by Wayne Lemin, March 20, 2005, 02:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne Lemin

I,ve a 1957 Eldorado Brougham #114, the paint spec#116 I,m getting the car ready for a repaint. Spec # 116 = Wimbledon Gray, can anybody help with information on a paint company that can supply this color or any spec number to have this color mixed.
Also can anybody help with a supplier of seat fabric the trim number is 1212.
Hope someones able to help out.
Wayne Lemin
Bahrain

Lou 19058

This should help http://autocolorlibrary.com/cgi-bin/search/searchpic.pl?1957-cadillac-pg02.jpg TARGET=_blank>http://autocolorlibrary.com/cgi-bin/search/searchpic.pl?1957-cadillac-pg02.jpg  DuPont and BASF finishes will have this as well. Just go to your local paint supplier and they will find it for you.

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Wayne,

Wimbledon Gray lacquer Stock Numbers were 2597-L, or A933 for Dupont and R-M respectively. With the trend away from lacquer, it’s likely that the color pigments necessary are no longer available. A good paint supplier could match the color using new urethane pigments and materials. You may want to discuss base coat/clear coat finish with your painter given that your color has a pearl like character that is very hard to sand/buff out in a single stage paint. As a starting point, you may want to talk to Tower Paints in Wisconsin: info@towerpaint.com      
I suspect the trim as will be harder to find. Your trim 1212 is “121”: Lt Gray Parisienne Cloth, with Lt Gay Leather and Lt Gray Cloth Headliner. The last “2” is Mouton (Lambskin) Carpets.  I’m unaware of any of the fabric suppliers who repro Brougham fabrics, so NOS may be your only hope. An alternative would be substituting Gray Broadcloth for the Parisienne which would represent Trim “1412”.
If you are a member of the CLC, check the Membership Directory for Mr. Dave Barclay in New Jersey. He has great deal of experience in restoring Broughams.
HTH,
Ralph