News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Found a built 472, unused, available, if anyone is interested.

Started by Brett 21441, March 25, 2005, 11:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brett 21441

Hey folks,
I was at the technician for my other car- a pristine 60K mile 82 Mercedes, and started talking Cadillac. One thing led to another, and the shop owner pointed me to a corner, in which was hi-po 472 Cadillac Engine his father built up 15 years ago, but never installed. His father has a terminal disease and is not going to use it, so he would be willing to sell it. I have no interest, and frankly dont want to get involved, but I would be happy to connect anyone with him if interested. Hate to see this mill just sitting there. I dont know any details, but I can say that this family is technically savvy and trustworthy. He conceded that the engine was built so long ago that he would recommend pulling it apart, cleaning, and re-gasketing, but no machine work should be required. I think he said his father spent $4000 on it years ago. The engine is located in Orange, CA.

Brett

Michael Stamps 19507

I would like some contact information if possible.

Thanks,
Stampie

Brett 21441

Michael Stamps 19507

I just called the shop and talked to Gary Johnson.  It is a rebuild engine from a 65 so that makes it a 429.  He said that the trans is with it.  I asked if he wanted his contact information here and he said yes.  His phone number is 714-997-2567.  Seems like a real nice guy and said that he knows he cant get what they have in it from selling it.  Has sat for a few years and would need look see to make sure everything is still good.

Stampie