News:

Please note that the Forums will be in Maintenance Mode, i.e. not accessible, this coming Wednesday, May 15th, This is to make backups and carry out the changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members. The start of the transition is planned for around 9 a.m. EDT, and is expected to last between four and eight hours.

Main Menu

How to remove bushing on Inside of Door Handle & Window Crank

Started by Ken Andersen # 21420, April 21, 2005, 08:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Andersen # 21420

I have a 1928 Cadillac closed car, although I believe that this problem is common to several models.  On the door handle & window crank, on the 28 their is a threaded nut that spins freely, with the threaded end screwing into the base plate in the door. On the inside of the door handle there is a brass splin with a collar on it to stop the threaded nut from coming off. The window crank does not have a brass spline, but rather a die cast square orriface that the window shaft sits in. Can anyone advise:- a: how to remove the brass spline in the door handle, so that the threaded nut can be removed, and b: how to
remove the threaded nut on the window crank.  I need to remove both in order to prepare the handle and crank for lost wax casting.

JIM CLC # 15000

04-22-05
Ken, can you post photos? cant realy understand what you are discribing.
But, this will put your question back in the running!
Good Luck, Jim

Ken Andersen # 21420

Ok Jim, will take some to night and send them to you via email.

Ken Andersen # 21420