News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Mecum, Dallas: Only "known" Argyle Blue 1959 Eldorado Biarritz?

Started by Jon Riley #13576, October 01, 2016, 11:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrefakis

if a white dash did exist car would have SO tag I have all SO build records no car was built with white dash

Rmperry

Do you have a build sheet for the 59 EBZ in question? I'd love to see it if you do.
Richard Perry

wrefakis

Rmperry

Thanks for posting that Mr. Refakis. I'll have to figure out what the columns mean but I think I can find something to match that to. Your help is much appreciated.
Richard Perry

Jon Riley #13576

Quote from: wrefakis on December 14, 2016, 07:55:42 PM
done

Amazing you have this.

Looks like even with the repo data tag, the frame was an argyle blue/white/white bucket car. 

94* Argyle Blue Metallic

Top code: 1* Ivory

Trim code: 10* White Cardiff and Florentine Grain Leather, Med Gray carpet; B" suffix denotes front buckets

I wonder if QK22892 is in the car?

Jon Riley #13576

Quote from: Rmperry on December 14, 2016, 05:10:10 PM
Mr. DeVirgilis, I will cut you a little bit of slack here because different shades of color can look different due to lighting and other factors in a picture. The picture will not always represent the color as it looks in person.

As a matter of fact, this dashboard was done by Just Dashes, it is the proper factory grain and it is more of an ivory color when you see it in person. It is not an overlay, it is installed correctly and so it's everything you just said it should be to have come from the factory. It is NOT a bright white.

So, you admitted that it is possible to have ordered a white dash and the dash in the car matches the description of what you gave in your explanation. I'd say that is point, set and match on the discussion as to whether or not there is truly an issue with getting this dash from the factory.

You have proven me to be correct about this and I thank you for providing the evidence to show that this dash can in fact be correct for the car. Have a wonderful day. Of course all of this assumes that you are correct in what you have been saying. I for one, believe that you are familiar with how these could be ordered.

Are you the owner?  If not, what interest do you have in this, as you seem to be trying very hard to come up with some sort of evidence that a white dash "could" be ordered?

Jon Riley #13576

Quote from: Rmperry on December 14, 2016, 05:10:10 PM
Mr. DeVirgilis, I will cut you a little bit of slack here because different shades of color can look different due to lighting and other factors in a picture. The picture will not always represent the color as it looks in person.

As a matter of fact, this dashboard was done by Just Dashes, it is the proper factory grain and it is more of an ivory color when you see it in person. It is not an overlay, it is installed correctly and so it's everything you just said it should be to have come from the factory. It is NOT a bright white.

So, you admitted that it is possible to have ordered a white dash and the dash in the car matches the description of what you gave in your explanation. I'd say that is point, set and match on the discussion as to whether or not there is truly an issue with getting this dash from the factory.

You have proven me to be correct about this and I thank you for providing the evidence to show that this dash can in fact be correct for the car. Have a wonderful day. Of course all of this assumes that you are correct in what you have been saying. I for one, believe that you are familiar with how these could be ordered.

http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=143628.0

TOP OF INSTRUMENT PANEL must be in a dark-tone to avoid glare; white or light-tone not available. 

https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/docs/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits/Cadillac/1959_Cadillac_VVI.pdf

Rmperry

Thanks for decoding that Mr. Riley. I knew it would check out but it was quite a while ago when I had the build sheet for this car. Ok, the dash shouldn't be white I guess. So what. I do appreciate the help though. At least we all know it is a true bucket seat Biarritz.
Richard Perry

Jon Riley #13576

I honestly don't think we can say that.  What I think can be said is that the frame was a true bucket seat Eldo.  Does it have the matching number Q code engine?  Don't know.  If yes, then it the frame and engine are from a true bucket seat car. 

The issue then becomes the data tag.   Why was that reproduced?  Does that mean that it was lost? or was the body too far gone that someone swapped it with a series 62 body, while retaining all of the eldo specific parts?  The Guy in MD seems to advertise this type of situation all the time.  ie biarritz body too far gone, but here is a shell from something else. 

Having said that, there are 59 Eldo owners out there that don't really care about any of this stuff.  They just care that the car looks great, which it does.   

Rmperry

Yes, we honestly can say that. Anyway, thanks for decoding the data. Have a merry Christmas.
Richard Perry

Quentin Hall

Phewwww. I'm exhausted. Who wants a Christmas beer and party hats????
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

savemy67

Aloha all,

Mele Kalikimaka!

Christopher (I was raised in Honolulu) Winter
Christopher Winter