News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Changes since the "restoration"

Started by Cadman-iac, February 13, 2024, 09:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadman-iac

I have a question about the restoration of the images.
On any posts with an image inserted into the text, there used to be a thumbnail of the same image at the bottom of the post.
I've noticed that these are now missing.
Was this done to save space? Are these going to be restored as well?
I ask because I found the view counter on a thumbnail to be useful at times.

Another change that I've noticed is how you start a new thread, or topic. I used to be able to click on the main menu to bring up all the options available, to include a new topic and then you would select the forum section you want to address, but now it's necessary to go to the specific forum section to begin your new topic.
When I signed in yesterday and tried to start a new topic from the main menu, the only forum available to select from was the suggestion forum.
That's the case today as well if you begin at the main menu and attempt to start a new topic.
It's not a problem, but it might help to notify the members of the changes in the process.

Rick

Edit: My sincerest thanks to all involved in retrieving and restoring all the pictures on here. I know it must have been an incredible effort. Congratulations on your success.
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Clewisiii

I have always started my topics in the sections. I did not know you could do it the other way.

I liked the counter, being able to see how many people are looking at a post. But I also like the clean look without the thumb nails. So I am ambivalent on that one.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Cadman-iac

I guess the method of beginning in the specific forum you want to post in has been there all along, but since I have been using the main menu as my starting point, I wasn't aware of any other way until this morning when the main menu route wouldn't work.

Like you, I like being able to tell how much interest there is in any pictures, mine or anyone else's.

Rick
CLC# 32373

Stefan Bartelski (CLC Webmaster)

Regarding the process to post, it should not have changed. I have tried it out on my computer, and it is working as before, i.e. New Topic has a field for choice of forum. Just in case, please try clearing your browser cache, use your search engine (Google, DuckDuckGo, etc.) to find instructions for your specific browser.

Regarding the thumbnails at the bottom of the picture, since the new resizing function actually creates its own thumbnail, I have turned off the thumbnails at the bottom, so as not to slow down loading and use more network bandwidth. Click on the 'in-post' images for a full size version.
Stefan Bartelski

webmaster@cadillaclasalleclub.org
470-253-4725

Cadman-iac

Quote from: sbartelski on February 14, 2024, 10:02:13 AMRegarding the process to post, it should not have changed. I have tried it out on my computer, and it is working as before, i.e. New Topic has a field for choice of forum. Just in case, please try clearing your browser cache, use your search engine (Google, DuckDuckGo, etc.) to find instructions for your specific browser.

Regarding the thumbnails at the bottom of the picture, since the new resizing function actually creates its own thumbnail, I have turned off the thumbnails at the bottom, so as not to slow down loading and use more network bandwidth. Click on the 'in-post' images for a full size version.

Thanks Stefan,
I just tried the main menu to today and it is now giving me the option to start a new topic. Not sure what was going on, I hadn't changed anything with my phone.
  The day the site was restored I couldn't get to it except through the CLC main page. Since then I've found out that the web address was modified, which had prevented me from accessing it through my usual route. All is well now, got it figured out.

Rick
CLC# 32373