News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Questions on gold trim package for a '57

Started by Michael Brittan CLC #2750, September 01, 2009, 04:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Brittan CLC #2750

I'd be interested in the experts' opinions on the following for a '57 Series 62

1. If the car was ordered from the factory with the gold grille, did this automatically include the trim as well, i.e. front fender script, hood and trunk Vs, etc?
2. With the gold trim package, are the crests that are on the rear fender fins also finished in gold?
3. Do I understand correctly from other threads posted that the front fender script is pot metal and therefore should be plated, whereas the Vs are aluminum and are therefore anodized?
4. Are repro gold Vs available?  If so, do they come complete with mounting studs?

Mike

M Brittan

Otto Skorzeny

Scroll down to reply #5 of this thread and find the information for McVey's. They make 1st rate repro trim pieces, including new Vs.

Keep the other vendors on your computer for future reference

http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/forum/index.php/topic,107308.0.html
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Walter Youshock

All the "v"'s, crest bezels and scripts were aluminum.  All of those pieces were gold ANODIZED--NOT 24k gold plated which is what the repro parts are.  If you can, have your originals reanodized.  It'll be cheaper and correct.

The gold grille was also anodized and was a $35 option.  The silver anodized grille was standard.

The fin crests are not gold on a '57.  They are silver in '57 and gold on '56.

There was no such thing as a "gold package".  All Cadillacs came with gold trim.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Michael Brittan CLC #2750

What a site!  All my questions answered within hours.  Many thanks,
Mike
M Brittan

JKF

Quote from: Walter Youshock on September 01, 2009, 06:20:18 PM
The gold grille was also anodized and was a $35 option.  The silver anodized grille was standard.

Depending on model the gold grille was also a no cost option like duals.

Walter Youshock

On the Eldorado Seville and Biarritz.  BUT:  Autronic-Eye was extra cost.

Also of note is that the Cadillac license frames for '57 and '58 were the same and they were gold anodized as well.  The first car to be degilded was, of ALL cars, the Eldorado Brougham.  Then again, that would be like gilding the lily.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham